18-year-old Ted Cruz wants to "take over the world" and "be in a teen tit film"

[Read the post]

1 Like

Why not both?

Also - man - in 30-40 years, all the shit on Facebook archives and lurking on the internet, I think only someone Amish could run for president with out some dunderhead moment from the internet past coming to light.

23 Likes

I’m pretty sure some context thrown in here will make it clear that this video isn’t what it seems at first glance. Student film perhaps?

But even if it isn’t, if this is the worst you can come up with that an 18 year old Ted Cruz has ever done or said, I’d call this a fail.

Stay classy, boingboing…

6 Likes

This is his bio from a club he was in as a teenager. Guess he was focussed, at least.

6 Likes

On the one hand we shouldn’t judge Ted merely by his being a completely punchable smarmy slime ball hoping to claw his way to power in High School, on the other hand this is a pattern that has persisted up to today.

21 Likes

I must admit to finding it fascinating to see how someone manages to rise as high in politics as US Senator/Presidential Candidate (positions that you’d think would require some level of networking, building connections with people etc), and have such a long list of people (colleagues, even!) who seemingly [can’t stand you] (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/01/ted-cruz-jerk-hated).

11 Likes

“…teen tit film…”? Just one tit?

5 Likes

“I don’t know if there is anyone more effective, more articulate, or a more persuasive voice for conservative principles than my friend Marco Rubio.”

–Sen. Ted Cruz, Senate floor, 2013

The more people change, the more they change.

3 Likes

add me to that list. i’ve never met the guy, but he sets off my creep-o-meter big time, both in the old video and his current political speeches.

when i listen to him talk i get the feeling that someday they’ll find the bodies of missing homeless people buried beneath his house or something. i don’t really think that, but that is how he makes me feel.

14 Likes

My worry about Ted Cruz is that he’ll get off looking normal next to Trump- and thus seem to be a “reasonable” choice (when, in fact, he’s bat-shit crazy).

16 Likes

He isn’t in the limelight thanks to Trump, but if he managed to take the primary, his odiousness and unhinged ideas would be front and center quickly.

1 Like

Both Talking Points Memo and Mother Jones have found no shortage of people, going all the way back to college, that couldn’t stand Ted Cruz on a personal level, ignoring his politics.

He may actually be the ideal running mate for Donald Trump, if not for the fact that Trump hates him too.

[edit: I see daneel provided the same link above. Here’s Josh Marshall’s (TPM) personal tale of Ted Cruz.]

5 Likes

That creepiness you’re sensing, let me add to it…

16 Likes

34 Likes

Right now we’re in the surface-level job interview portion of the campaign; if Ted Cruz actually became the nominee or the primary leader, the slightest bit of digging into his platform and promises will send all but the nuttiest of wackbats running away. Sure, Ted, the best way to become President is to promise to carpet-bomb entire cities, including civilians, to declare a return to the gold standard and abolish the IRS, to eliminate half of the Presidential cabinet, including the Department of Education, and to get rid of all funding for the arts, environmental protections, and public broadcasting.

17 Likes

Yep, you can’t Etch-a-Sketch that away.

4 Likes

I’m not a fan of Ted Cruz but I sure as hell would hate to be confronted with the ex rectum pronouncements I made when I was 18.

13 Likes

He also said he wanted to be president back then, but I have no intention of holding him to to that either

8 Likes

To be absolutely honest, I was in a B rated vampire movie in 1988. Hope that puts the Canadian TeaBagger Cruz into some perspective…

5 Likes

Well, you’ve just earned my vote.

16 Likes