Presidential candidate Ted Cruz's burning flag Al Jazeera logo

[Permalink]

Join the Ted Cruz mission to send America up in oily flames!

13 Likes

Oh yeah, because THATā€™S americaā€™s biggest problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wasnā€™t he born in Canada?

5 Likes

Looks like a male Republican tear to me.

15 Likes

Yeah, but that pesky requirement didnā€™t stop President Schwarzzenneggerrr, either.

2 Likes

He was Canadian too? I thought he was built in Texas by SkyNet.

14 Likes

I, for one, welcome the coming era of terrible logo design choices as every candidate decides they need to emulate the brand strategy of the Obama campaign as much as possible without putting any actual thought or skill into the attempt.

10 Likes

Requirement is ā€œCitizen, non-naturalizedā€. :hankey:

In addition to the questionable imagery, if you scroll down to the bottom of his page you can also see that his graphics guys donā€™t understand how transparency works as the US flag colors of the logo are represented as red, grey, and blue.

5 Likes

If it were only that simple. Letā€™s see Tedā€™s birth certificate and proof that he renounced Canadian citizenship, and then spend 8 years asking to see it again.

14 Likes

6 Likes

Yes, Ted Cruz was born in Canada. His mother was a US citizen. They returned to the US in 1974 when he was four years old.

Also:

I hope we can refrain from having a Democratic version the the ā€œbirthersā€ conspiracy.

3 Likes

So heā€™s a Canadian anchor baby?

17 Likes

Canā€™t we just agree that wherever heā€™s from, heā€™s an arsehole, and move on?

He might be eligible to be President, but he isnā€™t suitable.

Old article, but it popped up in my Twitter feeds yesterday.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/me-ted

And this is why Iā€™ve been saying since Ted Cruz replaced Michele Bachmann as the King of the Tea Partiers that the reaction to Cruz in the senate is simply the reaction Tedā€™s gotten at least at every stage of his life since he arrived at college in 1988. An incredibly bright guy whoā€™s an arrogant jerk who basically everybody ends up hating.

19 Likes

I assume that even the socks Ted Cruz is wearing have been run past a focus group. I wonder what they thought this logo looked like.

4 Likes

Iā€™m completely with you there. He scares the bejabbers out of me because heā€™s just the right mix of bat-shit crazy and smart to be able to make a go of it.

5 Likes

But where is the conspiracy? Heā€™s open about his birth place (Canada) the ā€˜birthersā€™ were lying about Obamas. No conspiracyā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s kinda appropriate that it looks like a big, juicy, delicious drop of precious petroleum.

4 Likes

Ted running for prez is a great thing for Canadians. It got him to finally renounce his Canadian citizenship in 2013, so Canadians are free of the possibility of him showing up and demanding his birthright.

Thereā€™s enough home-grown nuts in Canada without needing to import more of them from the USA.

10 Likes