Presidential candidate Ted Cruz's burning flag Al Jazeera logo

This is totally it man. You know someone in the design process has seen this printed on something.

IMO it’s actually a damn good logo and Cruz’s is an improvement on the soy ink one and I say this as someone who hates the GOP.

Also, it’s entirely not a surprising basis for a logo.

“We are the keepers of the flame of liberty; we hold it high for the world to see.” -Ronald Reagan

1 Like

The 61st amendment?

1 Like

With money and influence the KockBros will buy an image of nice old farts that wouldn’t harm a fly…

These two sociopaths have done more damage to the USA then can be imagined, and that’s what we know of, the hidden debacles would scare the poop out’a you.

Remember the Te@Baggers are the swine that were invented by the KockBros.!

1 Like

You’re right! Or at least, you would be, if he was REALLY born in Canada…

What amuses me about the Canada controversy is that Cruz’ family are from CUBA which sounds like the stuff of Conservative nightmares. First, a black president with a Muslim-sounding name, and next a Cuban president who is practically a Castro sleeper agent FFS! Some conspiracy nutter out there has got to be stewing on this one. XD

2 Likes

You don’t have to remind me. That’s what I was saying. We’re on the same page.

I don’t expect to see a Democratic version, I expect those same birthers to rake Cruz over the coals. After all, it was never about race or Obama’s party, right?

5 Likes

I would like my socks run past a focus group. Well, a ‘find them and put them in pairs’ group, anyway.

2 Likes

You can have him. We don’t want him.
(actually, I think it’s more likely he’ll go for a Tory leadership bid if Cameron crashes and burns come May)

Some Democrats may start whispering about Cruz’ eligibility, but the left hasn’t mastered the art of pure, foaming-at-the-mouth hatred the way the far right has.

The thing is… the SoyInk logo has the star(s) on top, and the stripes below.

Cruz’s version has the stripes on top, and the stars on the bottom (any sexual innuendo there is probably your own filthy, disease-ridden anti-American mind).

Isn’t that… a sign of distress?

THE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE

Title 4, Chapter 1

§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Outside of the military, this is a common trope in the militia-movement and other wing*-nuts.

NOTE: not solely the realm of wing-nuts; but examples to the contrary are usually pulling from the militia-trope (which is, indeed, pulled from the U.S. Flag code.

* pronounced /trək/ in these here parts.

story on the AIM flag

story on Shute - not as progressive as the previous guy, but the police did not take action in his case.

1 Like

Santorum’s new logo looks the same, but in all brown.

4 Likes

Has he renounced his Cuban citizenship yet?

2 Likes

That, and he looks exactly like a cross between Joe McCarthy and Jim Belushi. Ad hominem, whatever. I call 'em as I see 'em.

I’m not looking forward to seeing even more of that expression he makes, simultaneously conveying pity and disappointment.

1 Like

The logo MIGHT have been made to represent a drop of the snake-oil he’s flogging…

Either that, or he’s trying to make fart noises with his mouth. Somebody should have at his appearances and edit them like the Robert Tilton “farting preacher” videos.

4 Likes

I’d rather see Dick “War Criminal” Cheney’s scowl that this dickweasel’s concern face.

My sympathies. Here in California, I’ve got a reasonable Congressmember, but my Senators are Diane Feinstein (95% evil, on most scales of evil), and Barbara Boxer (pretty reasonable, for a politician I usually disagree with, but she doesn’t have the committee seats that Feinstein has.)

1 Like

Nah, they’re fine with that. Cruz’s father was Cuban, and while he had supported Castro early on, he later rehabilitated himself and fled to the US and has long been agitating against Castro, along with all those Florida Cubans who keep supporting Republicans. Rabid anti-Commies get Extra Republican Points, and Cubans don’t usually count as immigrants because it’s not illegal if you’re fleeing Communism.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.