Quotes on religion and the mythical Christian solar god Jesus's association with the Sun

The quantity of radishes, garlic, and onions consumed by the labourers during the construction of the pyramid, as well as their cost in silver.

(Hey, if you’re going to cite Herodotus as a source, cite him fully.)

2 Likes

The evidence is “The Great Pyramid at Giza”

If it is not super technology then build one like it.

The fact is the history is built and written in the stone,

1 Like

Give me tens of thousands of slaves for decades at a time and I will. Are you volunteering?

It is made from blocks of stone, not magic.

It is a massive conspiracy, I know, that the rest of the entire world simply thinks engineering was used to make it but you know the truth it was Egyptian super science! Which, of course, did not help them from being conquered by the Romans and everyone else and wiped out as a civilization.

P.S. You know Cleopatra and her entire dynasty was Greek, right? How’d that happen? Oh yeah, the Greeks conquered them (easily) and moved on.

7 Likes

If you look at Egypt you’ll see Early Dynastic starting around 3,000 BCE, but you’ll also a few “intermediate periods” where things just fell apart and Egypt wasn’t even keeping their own crap together, let alone ruling anyone else. You have the foreign Hyksos showing up, taking over sections for a while, then getting punted. And finally Alexander shows up in the 300s.

If you’re over generous you can call that around 3,000 years.

Over that period they had some influence around the Mediterranean, you can see it in art and technology borrowings. They didn’t have that wide of an influence, though, even around the Mediterranean, they weren’t really all that advanced with seafaring and there weren’t overland routes to get too far in 3,000 BCE. India was still a very remote and distant barely known land - so not a world power. Not a world power at all, but really a fairly insular country (not a bad thing).

The Greeks never had anything like world rulership in any sense whatsoever, they mostly were cool with their city-states until Alexander conquered them, with a few coalitions that approached mini-empires covering tiny swaths of the globe. The Macedonians under Alexander briefly established a huge empire (largely by conquering the Achaemenid empire, which had been the largest), but didn’t rule the world. The Romans expanded to a large ancient empire, though the Sasanid was larger. Of them the Roman Empire probably lasted the longest, since it didn’t really end until the 1400s (the Eastern Empire of Rome was labeled “Byzantium” by other countries, but was a succession of the Roman Imperial lineage).

So if you’re properly generous you can say Rome began in 753 and ended with the fall of Constantinople in 1453, so around 2,200 years. Not quite as long as Egypt, but why do you even care?

We’re not Romans.

We’re not Greeks.

Were not Egyptians.

Nobody but illiterate morons identifies themselves as members of a dead nation, and those people are morons so you’ll never, ever change their mind. This pissing match between Rome/Greece and Egypt is absurd since there’s no reason to take any side.

3 Likes

Seriously, I’ll stop now. This is like arguing with my kid when she doesn’t care what anyone else says, she knows the truth.

Go back to believing whatever mythology you want if it helps you accept the pain of life a little more easily. Yes, Afro-Kemeto-Egypto super science built the pyramids and all sorts of wonderful things, making Africa into a paradise that ruled the world.

Wait, are you sure it isn’t Wakanda?

2 Likes

By the way, the new Black Panther comic came out this week, written by Ta-Nehisi Coates. It’s pretty good. I suspect it is on your wavelength, @khepra.

3 Likes

Yes, Egyptians built the Great Pyramid, and the Egyptians were in Africa, so they’re Africans, African being a basically meaningless label like “Asian.” How the pyramids were built is indeed not fully understood, it’s an open question, where as evidence is discovered we learn. A phrase like “beyond the academic comprehension of humans living today” seem to dismiss that we have a better understanding today than Herodotus or anyone living after him until today, and now can use archaeological evidence to point out where Herodotus is completely, staggeringly, hilariously wrong.

Greeks, Romans, and most ancient pagans were syncretic, so they’d see a god and say, “oh, that looks kind of like our god,” and sometimes tried to get along more about differences of religion. But the things that they’d tie together were often massive stretches, and sometimes there’d be nothing that fit, so they’d just adopt the weird god, like the Romans did with Apollo or with Isis. They also developed a fascination with and veneration of Egypt that caused them to try to attribute things to Egypt to instill a sense of mystery or authority to them, sort of like suburban housewives who are into Yoga do with India, with similar levels of academic rigor.

5 Likes

I only cited Herodotus regarding the inscriptions on the casing stones. The other axillary
opinions about Herodotus are not relevant to the casing stones. His observation about the casing stones are backed up by the two other persons cited: Abd el Latif and William of Baldensal–as well as others.

1 Like

Pre-dynastic and Dynastic periods.

1 Like

Cleopatra was not a Greek, she was a African.

Cleopatra’s entire dynasty was not 100% Greek or African. At that late point in Kemetic history, Kemet had become a melting pot of ethnicities.

1 Like

I’m really confused; I thought I read that the Great Pyramid of Giza was built by Vikings following one of their incursions down the Nile.

7 Likes

Even factoring in those, it’s only relevant if you’re cramming because your going to be on Jeapordy. Ancient Egypt is a peripheral irrelevancy to the modern world, just as nobody gives a crap about ancient Greece or Rome except as fantasy settings for bad art. I was a Classics major. I studied Greek and Latin and ancient history and over time saw the sheer agonizing irrelevance of the ancient world first hand in hideous painful detail. There are better hobbies than worrying about modern world implications of what people said or accomplished thousands of years ago, because it’s less than irrelevant to the real world problems we now face. Egyptian super powers of Pyramid building by ultrasonic rock moving or whatever are lost, better to learn something that’s relevant to the world you were actually born into, that you actually can learn. Also better to learn to do something less pathetic and horrible than wasting a nations resources (and deforesting your country) to make a pointless massive triangle out of rocks to celebrate a dead autocrat.

2 Likes

Radishes, garlic, onions, and silver are not relevant.

Herodotus is cited along with others regarding the casing stones. Other references to his observations are not relevant to the topic of the casing stones–which are also cited by others.

1 Like

Don’t be confused, that story is a myth.

1 Like

These are not mutually exclusive terms. Formally speaking, Cleopatra VII was maybe not Greek, depending on your definition of Greek. She was clearly African (as many Greeks, Jews, Berbers, Arabs, Macedonians, and others were), but was of Macedonian heritage (the Macedonians and Greeks weren’t in agreement about whether Macedonians were really Greeks).

Cleopatra VII was descended from Ptolemy I. The Ptolemaic lineage had a rather disturbing habit of sibling marriages (Cleo VII’s parents were siblings) and those marriages outside the family were to Greco-Macedonian aristocracy, since as Ptolemies they weren’t going to be marrying the local random people they met (though at the very late stage they’d even marry Romans). They were in (sometimes horrifying) arranged marriages for political purposes (usually to keep power in the family) which is why Cleopatra VII had six great-great grandparents total.

2 Likes

Am I in the right thread?

7 Likes

Who even knows at this point?

3 Likes

You posted:

“Nobody but illiterate morons identifies themselves as members of a dead nation, and those people are morons so you’ll never, ever change their mind.”

Seems those words always surface when African and African-American history and contributions to world history are espoused.

Historically in America students have always been taught about Greek, Roman and other European history and accomplishments. There has been a systematic whitewashing, trivializing and demeaning of the history and contributions of minorities in the American educational system.

We have museums, college history departments, movies and television that are places and visual devices were billions of people visit, choose to be educated, watch and are fascinated with ancient Roman, Greek and African-Kemetic history.

The Tutankamen (King Tut) exhibit alone is one of the world’s most toured and visited exhibits in world history. Billions of people around the world are proud and identify with their ancestral ethnic homelands–as they should.

The more we know about and respect our own ethnic history and the ethnic history of others, the better we are as a people. Why is there a St. Patrick’s Day, Columbus Day, Black History Month, Hispanic/Latino Heritage Month and multiple Jewish Holidays etc etc?

2 Likes

The next Cleopatra movie should have Halle Berry play the roll of Cleopatra.

1 Like

5 Likes