Reporters document Sochi's Potemkin hotels

Whoa-a-a. Imagine my surprise to find one of the people twittering from Sochi is named Bruce Arthur.

Just to avoid any unlikely confusion, I’m the one with the “s” on the end of their name, and I’m not a sports journalist. (I wonder if the Bruce Arthur in Sochi ever has people try to talk about science fiction with him?)

2 Likes

And he’s better-looking than me, too, the bastard.

1 Like

I guess I can excuse this silly, conformist species known as the sports journalist. But “Stacy St. Clair”? Seriously?

When the revolution comes Stacy, will you be ready?

If you follow the whole story, there was no water, then they were told when the water came back not to drink it or wash their faces in it due to unspecified toxic ingredients, then there was a photo showing just how yellow the water was (darker in color than most commercial beers in the U.S., to give you some idea), and then finally she joked about having to use the fancy bottled water as the only solution after days of not washing.

She’s not actually some ditz. It’s a joke.

2 Likes

The Seasteading Olympics.

1 Like

And an interesting new twist: Shower cams?

Why does that not surprise me?

I think it was yesterday the Olympics CEO claimed that he has footage proving hotel guests put their shower on in the morning and leave it on all day.

Oh really? Footage, you say?

Edit: LOL, now that I’ve RTFA rather than just looked at the picture, I see what I just wrote was in the article you linked to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.