Sept 10 is Internet Slowdown day: save the net from Cable Company Fuckery!

[Permalink]

What would I do? gasp maybe go outside

1 Like

What would I do?

Maybe move to Chattanoga.

1 Like

The shit your country passes off for internet is so fucking crap it would probably slow that down too.
Good luck dawdling to smell those flllllloooooooooooooooooooooooo…ooo…oooo…owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww…wwww…e…eeee…eee…rrr…rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…rrrrssssssss…sssss.

1 Like

My Internet already looks like this. I swear Verizon routinely provides such poor service to Netflix, youtube and Amazon Prime that it’s hard to tell the difference between FIOS and a 1992 Appletalk connection.

3 Likes

Are you actually getting fiber optic to the door? It’s more likely it’s fiber optic to a neighbourhood box, and copper to your house, in which case your comparison to elderly technology is pretty apt.

Oh yeah – old phone lines. We rented the second-to-last Harry Potter movie from iTunes, and it took 7.5 hours to download (!!!)

1 Like

Verizon FiOS is Fiber to the house. The optical network terminal is in your house somewhere. The potential and typical speed is very high, they just tend to limit streaming, like asses.

1 Like

Fiber all the way to the basement, with the ONT on a 30 amp UPS, cat6 wiring throughout the house.

We had to get fiber because Verizon tore the copper off the poles and threw it in the ditch, so that every time it rained the phones went dead. Deliberate sabotage (and the copper is still there today, too - I believe verizon’s planning on selling it to some sucker).

I won’t notice a difference, I have Verizon DSL.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.