Shoe that wraps like a scarf

[Read the post]

1 Like

Whenever I see people in those toe-exposing running shoes I think of my pinky toe slipping down into a grate in the sidewalk while running and 200lbs x 10mph just ripping it right off.

1 Like
4 Likes

Those look neat for a quick easy on/off option for shoes with a little more hold on the foot over slipons.
Sadly I have learned I am way better off with good hiking boots for everyday wear simply for the ankle support.

1 Like

Could be an interesting solution to my wife’s shoes always being too wide or too narrow. But… are these actually for sale anywhere? Googling, all I see is descriptions dating back to last year, but nothing on the actual product’s estimated time of availability.

Fivefinger shoes are so comfy.

1 Like

Except the test of “easy footwear” is whether you can get them on your feet while carrying a load of trash. Hands free matters!

These look like you have to sit down and wrap them around your feet to get them on.

Flip-flops or anything without a heel are the ultimate in quick footwear.

Yeah but that kind of stuff I find falls right off my feet when I don’t want them to so I like a bit of ability to stay on my foot when I forget how to walk.

1 Like

Can’t find a retailer for these… where?

With you on this. Slip-on and heel-less shoes feel uncomfortable to me for all but the most causal wear. I like a firm, narrow and tight fit in my footwear. Shoe fitters always try to put me in shoes two sizes too big. Disclaimer: After two seasons in high-performance ski-boots that were essentially a super-tight “race fit” (although I have never raced) my big toe-nails are now pretty manky.

1 Like

Not only can I not find any retailers, the Furoshiki page on their site doesn’t seem to be functioning.

After watching the product video, I think the shoes are strictly for folks in the adult movie industry.

5 Likes

The image where the shoe is held up makes it look disturbingly organic to me.

3 Likes

I found reference here: http://www.actionhub.com/news/2014/08/11/vibram-announces-six-week-product-guarantee-partners-warrior-dash/ Seems to indicate it’s only for sale in Vibram’s Boston store- thought that’s dated from 2014, so… actually, that’s not that far from my work. Maybe I’ll take a stroll over tomorrow.

2 Likes

Looked quite familiar to me…

13 Likes

As an incredibly stupid, gullible white guy, I am naturally eager to get a pair of these shoes as soon as possible. The Japanese-sounding music at the beginning of the video further reassures me that I am the target audience.

I wish I were joking.

14 Likes

“we have such sights to show you”

3 Likes

Oh great! Can you show me this in a 9?

6 Likes

In all seriousness (really? you complain because you can’t put them on whilst holding a trash bag!?), I suffer from gout which means that my normal size 10 foot can swell to a 13 or larger when I have a bad attack. Footwear is an issue for me; even flipflops don’t work, especially during winter (it snows where I live). These would be amazing if they were for real, but as a previous poster pointed out, they don’t seem to be actually available.

I would absolutely buy them if they were, and to hell with the trash bags…

2 Likes

Fuck gout.*

(*and the police, off-topic, I know, sorry)