Singer Alysha Brilla and sisters argue with police over right to ride bikes while shirtless

Not surprised that this is the same person who earlier stated- “I think women tend to sneer at low status males by default in social and competitive situations, and tolerate abuse from high status men for the perks. Sorry ladies, just my opinion.”

4 Likes

Speaking of low status men:

If “low status, non-dominant men” harass and disrespect women, perhaps they actually are sneered at - at the very least while playing Counterstrike - and with good cause!

2 Likes

Yup, that’s where I recall his sneering from.

2 Likes

I have seen topless males in the general population. I have been one, on occasion. It is usually not a pretty sight. Rather than women wanting to join in, possibly we might rally for the illegalization of male toplessness.

2 Likes

Or we could grow up and accept that the human body comes in all shapes? I know its just a joke, but “ugly” shouldn’t be banished from sight.

6 Likes

Really? See, the fact that low status (i.e. bad at counterstrike) men are aggressive towards women in the video game community would explain why they might feel women don’t like them (though it’s hard to sneer when you are actually a man using a voice modulator over a chat). But then to make women sound opportunistic - seeking “perks” of being friends with high status men (i.e. good at counterstrike) is… um…

What are those perks? The woman is beating you at a video game. (Although now I suppose men everywhere can say, “I didn’t lose to a girl, I lost to a man using a girl’s voice to do a sociological study”)

Immature humour has its place in society.

But I do not accept that the human body comes in all shapes. That’s just crazy talk.

There are three people involved in the story. Two of them were peacefully riding their bikes. Take a guess which one disturbed that peace?

You have proven the cop failed to perform his sworn duty. Which makes him incompetent.

Oh, wait. Was that your intention all along? Were you secretly hoping to out the cop as incompetent? You sneaky devil, you.

4 Likes

Portland Oregon - just up the road from me has some neato pride stuff & also nude mass bike rides supporting stuff like bikes-not-cars. I don’t really understand the need for so-called vegan car lots though.

Call me a prude - whatever. But mid-summer-sweaty-bicycle-balls (or other man-women parts) are not my thing if they’re on the dirty boulevard - especially, like, on Burnside or any other high temperature (hot climate summer) urban place. Only fun from a distance or better yet in pics.

Now on the Oregon Coast, the Columbia Gorge, the Cascades - well, much more fun. Free range is waaay more comfortable.

OOH right I knew that name looked familiar!

1 Like

Yes!! And for some, like me, they may be weird buckminster fuller, four dimensional, Escher esque shapes. They don’t call me Hyper Torus for nothin’.

Wait, what?

4 Likes

Sexualizing women’s bodies in public undermines the peace. Sexualizing women’s bodies in public under color of law is fascism.

1 Like

Sure, but “eeeewwww grossss manboobies” tends to be a common distraction/handwaving away from the problem at hand, and while certainly juvenile, the yuk-yuk factor can’t compare to the grand absurdity that is life, and that breasts that form a life giving function are portrayed as illegal and harmful, because men get to determine these things.

The best jokes are not on the suffering humans, but on the overarching horror of life. Just how all is arranged in a slapdash not-right manner, and how life continues to not care as it always has.

3 Likes

I agree. I make my share of juvenile jokes, but this is about harassment by police because they were women. I’ll go surreal on topics, including this one, but if you want ‘12 year old’ jokes join Questions.

3 Likes

Dadjokes > all

1 Like

I always view this as culture being ashamed of our mammal part and wanting to hide them away from thought.

1 Like

Then why are vestigal tails fully legal to display in public?

Also, your posit does not explain why womens breasts are solely targeted as shameful/disgusting/inciteful to polite society.

Culture is ashamed of all of our reproductive organs. Women’s breast are much more of a reminder of this than males leftover nipples are. I am not saying I agree with it.

They should be banned from wearing shirts forever.
Let the punishment fit the crime.

There’s an easy solution to this - people who are so ashamed can choose to not reproduce. But the fact that the same people who claim to be offended are merely repressed crazies who indulge in the same behaviors they complain about robs them of credibility.

Being ashamed of one’s body is unfortunate, but acceptable. Forcing others to be ashamed of theirs is not.

3 Likes