Some favorite TV theme songs

also

and

1 Like

Hey baby, I hear the blues are callingā€¦

And of course the brilliant use of Massive Attackā€™s Teardrop on Houseā€¦

Wow, the year 1987, so futuristic!

5 Likes

Because that was the first nail in the coffin.

1 Like

ST: TNGā€™s opening credits were embarassingly better than ST: DS9 or ST: VOY, and letā€™s not even talk about the opening credits on Enterprise.

Oh, looks like @daneel mentioned it an hour ago. I must have edited it out of my eyesight. Seriously, that theme was painfully bad. And Iā€™m not one of these Enterprise haters. It had some moments, and the single best scene in all Trek. But that song!!!

2 Likes

Your critical skills were functioning at a higher level than mine, I loved Space 1999!!! [quote=ā€œgellfex, post:179, topic:78642ā€]
Watched some episodes more recently and was SHOCKED at the cheesecake skin show on moonbase in the pilot. How did I not remember that? I guess I was prepubescent.
[/quote]

I would love to pretend that my adult sensibilities make me horrified at the appalling, clumsily gendered roles in that showā€¦ but the moonbase girls pretty much ushered me into adolescence, Iā€™m keeping it as a guilty pleasure, apologies to all!

ETA: Along with Leelaā€¦

2 Likes

The IT Crowd had one of the few intros that I didnā€™t fast-forward through. I love that music.

5 Likes

OK if weā€™re doing modern stuff too hereā€™s a few I havenā€™t seen listed above yetā€¦

(and like that whole Fever Ray album is insanely good)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4 Likes

I have loved this song since the first moment I heard it.

2 Likes

Came for this, leaving satisfied.

Adding:

2 Likes

The Avengers was great, especially the filmed series starting in 1965 (it was shot on video tape prior to that, and looks like crap), up to when Rigg left. Downhill after that.

1 Like

Adding, for the Regulars

2 Likes

Yes. Since someone posted it again, there it goes! I didnā€™t even listen to link.

Iā€™m sure there are lines of connection, musically speaking (the same chapter makes that clear, actually, after starting with a damning Clinton quote). But yeah, I have no quarrel with disco either. Iā€™m buying Shapiroā€™s argument that it was rather subversive as a popular genre. Itā€™s just funny how people think about and understand music, especially popular music.

1 Like

You mentioned it and got no likes. Itā€™s fucking toxic, apparently.

1 Like

Even as a joke selection everyone hates it.

How about this instead?

2 Likes

Yet people love the firefly intro.

I donā€™t.

1 Like

Well, ā€œGreatest American Heroā€ is already mentioned, soā€¦

It was incredibly goofy and short-lived, and I wouldnā€™t call the intro ā€œgreatā€, but it still stuck with me - Shadow Chasers:

For a bit more mainstream, I canā€™t believe these havenā€™t been mentioned.

A-Team:

MAS*H (kinda glitchy, but couldnā€™t find a better version):

And, going schlocky again, but the intro was so much of an earworm (despite the lyrics making no sense)ā€¦ Silverhawks!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s the countrified nature of the song that turns people off. The firefly intro isnā€™t as schlocky, maybeā€¦?

Lexx! One of the best cheesy shows ever. I am reminded once again that I still havenā€™t finished it.

4 Likes