Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte, the beverage 'that almost never was'

[Permalink]

About a year ago, I told my teenage daughter I was going over the Starbucks and in the interest of being a cool mom would get her anything she wanted. So she promptly replied, ā€œPumpkin Spice Latte.ā€ Iā€™m a coffee-flavoured coffee drinker, generally hating flavoured coffees on principle as well as in flavour. So I got it home, and my daughter says, ā€œWant to try it?ā€

The damned thing was delicious, not too sweet, and the right balance of spices.

1 Like

if you like pumpkin spice syrup, try a ā€˜pumpkin spice chai tea mistoā€™!!! best drink there!! & you can get pumpkin spice way after the campaign ā€˜endsā€™ if you ask ā€“ former barista :jack_o_lantern:

This your first time to the rodeo, Slim?

Iā€™m a fan of the flavored coffee, especially the PSL, but Iā€™m a bigger fan of bizarre flavors of Frappuccino. When I was in Tokyo they had the Sakura Frappuccino which was a pink cherry blossom color and flavor. Itā€™s impossible to describe as itā€™s been years, but it wasnā€™t cherry, but something more delicate. No coffee involved, but so so delicious. Next time youā€™re there get the java chip frappuccino with peppermint in it. Itā€™s like drinking a box of girl scout cookies. (Yes, this is why Iā€™m fat.)

3 Likes

I really love reading about the process of coming up with flavors and menu items and all the weird little bits of the decision making process.

1 Like

PSL are the best. Way back a long time ago, Borderā€™s used to carry a flavored coffee that was pumpkin spice. It was before they started serving Seatleā€™s Best in their cafeā€™s. I used to stock up on that every year. But Iā€™ll take a PSL from Starbucks for sure. And I think my schoolā€™s library cafe also has PSL.

Okayā€¦ Iā€™m just rambling now for no reason. Just that I love PSL.

I love pumpkin flavored everything!

2 Likes

So I have to ask, where can I get a sample of this in the wastelands of Canada?

These particular treats come from a company called Koppers (located in NY).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.