Tame squirrel happily munches nuts while seated on dad's shoulder

[Permalink]

1 Like

Well sure, itā€™s cute as the dickens & allā€¦ but just you see when it grows to be a 200lb brute, gets hyped up on Xanax one day and tears off your neighborā€™s faā€¦ oh wait.

Nevermind.

12 Likes

Oh, so thatā€™s who listens to Journey.

4 Likes

Donā€™t irradiate squirrels!
How many innocent lives could be saved if people adhered to this one simple ruleā€¦

5 Likes

Donā€™t make me squeaky. You wouldnā€™t like me when Iā€™m squeaky.

7 Likes

For the love of God, donā€™t let Mike Huckabee any where near Peanut!

The lack of journey in my house is probably why all the squirrels I have fostered have fled.

1 Like

Or possibly the lack of bagels with the creamy cheese. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYUB1tOx2oo

1 Like

I bet this wonderful manā€™s mailbox is filled with ā€œwill you be my granpa?ā€ mash letters.

Ah, fond memories of fostering a baby squirrel in my apartment in the middle of the city. For reasons unclear to me, he liked to run around inside my shirt (he was still tiny, but passed the crisis ā€œwill he live?ā€ stage).

Had a friend over and Iā€™d forgotten to tell him that a friend had dumped a baby squirrel on me. I greeted him at the door, and we were just talking when suddenly he had an odd look. I winced as tiny, but sharp little claws ran across my stomach, and then, as he was wont to do, he popped his head out of the shirt right at chest height (I left one of my shirt buttons unbuttoned for just for this purpose.)

My guest jumped backwards and screamed rather loudly indeed. Heā€™d seen my shirt seemingly wriggling because of something underneath it, then a look of pain on my face, and then a head popped out of my chest.

I donā€™t think heā€™s ever looked at squirrels quite the same way again.

(Ignatius was successfully released to a park a few weeks later after some training runs.)

5 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing your memories by posting here.

Cheers!!!

~cdh

P.S.

I really try to avoid making comments that donā€™t contribute to the discussion (for this, we have ā€˜LIKEā€™ button) ā€“ but anyway ā€“ love your comment - great picture. thx.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.