Watch how a delivery man reacts when a squirrel jumps on him and climbs up to his head

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/10/watch-how-a-delivery-man-react.html

13 Likes

Wish the UPS drivers here would wait for me to answer the door. Mostly they plop the package on the porch, mash the doorbell button once and run. No time for niceties.

Regarding the squirrel, we inherited a semi-tame squirrel when we bought our previous house. She would come beg for food and would climb onto shoulders to eat peanuts and sometimes just to hang out. I found it disconcerting - those claws, those teeth, plus general squirreliness.

19 Likes

I’d guess that the delivery man has a pet who likes to jump on his shoulder and/or head at home.

Maybe the package required a signature for delivery, or he knew the recipient personally and felt like saying hi while he was there.

11 Likes

32 Likes

Of course, in Parkdale, the little bastards will knock you down, empty yer pockets, strip the wheels off your baby carriage and beat the crap out of yer cat. Hey - it’s Parkdale.

14 Likes

Me in that situation: (flailing around convulsively) “Arrrrggghhhh, there’s a fucking rat on my head!”

11 Likes

What a relief- evidence that there is at least one person in this world that is not operating in ‘attack’ mode.

15 Likes

Just don’t give me any fleas, Mr. Squirrel.

10 Likes

I raised a rescue squirrel once and I can attest a squirrel climbing over you is rather awesome.

17 Likes

The squirrel knew: This is a good guy.

18 Likes

that surveillance video would have been completely different had that critter jumped on me. title it " grown ass man pisses himself on stranger’s doorstep"

12 Likes

Rabies can make wild animals act tame. Just sayin’.

8 Likes

every semester in my college town a foreign student would try to touch a squirrel, get bit, need rabies shots.

(Apparently certain Asian countries don’t have them native)

They tried putting up don’t molest squirrels it’s illegal signs but that just produced more confusion

Now they incorporate phrases like “Don’t touch that squirrel! It might have rabies!” into the english test they give prior to admittance.

10 Likes

I was woken out of a sound sleep by a spider crawling on my face. I like spiders. We both escaped unscathed.

7 Likes

They probably have a huge route and are pressed for time, I’d imagine- especially around this time of the year.

6 Likes

I liked how the squirrel jumped in just as the delivery guy was into bopping his head from side to side. Squirrel wanted to get in on the groove.

12 Likes

It’s all fun and games until the squirrel tries to hide a walnut in your ear.

DF960523

3 Likes

Distraction game. Oldest con in the book.

squirrels-1

squirrels-2

45 Likes

giphy%20(16)
('tis the season, isn’t it.)

8 Likes

6 Likes