The new Twin Peaks: what should it be like?

Kyle MacLachlan is still looking damn fine. And Sherilyn Fenn really was one if my first crushes.

All I hope is that it’s more like the first season, I think the series got worse when Lynch stopped directing and writing the episodes (except the last episode). Lynch’s vision was what made the show great - not that Frost was bad either.

In Anycase, I trust Lynch to come up with something great. He’s my favorite director of all time.

Btw, I’ve visited the famous diner that was called Double R Diner in Twin Peaks. Its real name is Twede’s Cafe, and yes, I ordered the Cherry Pie and damn fine coffee. It’s even more amazing because I live in Finland, so it’s pretty far away.

5 Likes

I just came here to post that!

3 Likes

2 Likes

fuckin’ saved.

Hahaha, that’s not a real place!

You got me. :frowning:

Though I have found out, while travelling, that people really do not have the slightest idea where or what Finland is. Which maks me sad, because we have invented great things, like… like Nokia, and Linux, and sauna, and uhh… things. And we eat reindeer. Which is delicious.

In America, most people thought I was Russian by the way I look. Which is funny to me, because in my eyes Russians look very different.

1 Like

You’ll always have Aki Kaurismäki.

2 Likes

And there ends the story of (known) Finnish cinema… That and Iron Sky (did you know its Finnish?), and maaybe Rare Exports. Reindeerspotting was loved by the critics, but I could make a better documentary about opioid use anyway so bleh.

Finnish TV, on the other hand, can be hilarious. A lot of good sketch shows, and of course, an animation about a police station called Pasila, which I know for certain would become an instant hit it America if only tried. There used to be more videos with English Subtitles on YT (and they even dubbed one episode, but can’t find it no more), but there’s now only a few: This is a great 24 parody episode. with jokes about terrorism panic. And in this one Pöysti goes to a “Anonymous Synicists” group. Everyone, watch them. Don’t just shrug and think “oh, I’ll do that later”, do it now. You won’t regret it.

Maybe I should just translate all the episodes. For the good of the world. Because the world needs more Pasila in these terrible times.

3 Likes

What about Lipton Cockton?

I think True Detective S02 is angling to be the spiritual successor to Twin Peaks, for good and ill.

From a Seattleite, apologies for the terrible coffee and creepy Tweety-bird decor. They’re revamping the interior in anticipation of the new season, however I hope the food gets an improvement alongside :smile:

I feel the same, truck.

5 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 863 days. New replies are no longer allowed.