Traditional marriage already destroyed

[Read the post]

3 Likes

Marcus Bachmann Files For Divorce, Fresh on Heels of SCOTUS Ruling | National Report

6 Likes

From the article:

As Michele has said many times in the past, there’s never been a gay
bone in his body.

[ETA] I’m a terrible person!

22 Likes

I nearly spit liquid at the monitor when I read that line in the article. Also of interest: denied service in an Indiana dress shop because the owner suspected him of being teh gayz.

3 Likes

What’s this post about? Far as I can see, there are no links to any stories.

Also, I’m not sure in what spirit the Marcus Bachmann story was linked but I’m pretty sure these reports are untrue.

4 Likes

I think it’s true that the Bachmann’s are divorcing, which was announced the day of the SCOTUS decision on gay marriage. It’s also true that many have said that Bachmann was himself gay. At the very least, he doesn’t publicly identify as gay and I see no reason actually not to take him at his word on that.

However, he and his wife are indeed getting a divorce. That’s not in dispute.

[ETA] The front page joke seems to be that the screen cap shows a man in place of Chris Christie’s wife. The joke is that Christie’s wife is in fact a man… Juvenile humor, at CNN’s expense, to be sure.

10 Likes

Yep, that’s how I read it, though I’d say “in fact” instead of in fact.

Not to ruin a joke by overexplaining it.

2 Likes

I was just trying to help @David_Aubke along there… Seems he missed both the joke and the title of the Bachmann article. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. I completely missed the joke but I guess I get it now.

I spent a few minutes trying to figure out what that National Report website is about. Googled the story and found another article about fake news sites. These days it’s becoming genuinely difficult to differentiate between sincerity and parody.

1 Like

That face he pulls is wonderful.

“Whoah, even I think she goes too far sometimes!”

1 Like

Wait, what? I’m not sure who is being serious anymore. I can’t find any non-satirical reference for that one.

4 Likes

That @crenquis is such a naughty prankster!! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

It makes me feel old that I frequently can’t follow internet-based trains of thought. It’s as though folks post the bare minimum of information and leave the rest to context from popular culture that I’m just not aware of.

There needs to be an educational course for people like me, starting with Twitter Conversations 101.

2 Likes

People need to read a book or something. Marriage, especially among the wealthy, has for a long, long time been more of a contract to control wealth and resources and power - not about God or even love. It is like they have some Norman Rockwell painting in their minds that they think was the norm for the past 2000 years.

1 Like

Apparently even that isn’t what they consider “traditional marriage” considering how many of the politicians who claim to support it are on their second or third wives.

2 Likes

“Til death do us part” is more of a recommendation, right?

But there is one part about “traditional marriage” that I think we need to implement: Deuteronomy 24:5. Year-long honeymoon? Sounds good.

When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: but he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken.

On the other hand, if we’re looking for traditions for Christians to uphold, I would first call for Matthew 6:1-8 (in which, by the way, Jesus is the one speaking):

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

A Megachurch is kind of like a closet, right?

5 Likes

It was for this guy.

2 Likes

#YOU LIE AND ALL THE OTHER LIARS ARE LYING LIARS YOU LIARS

1 Like

OH! I didn’t even realize it was a satirical website! Mindysan-fail!!!

2 Likes

Thought that it was a good fit for the OP…

2 Likes