Uber receives "F" from Better Business Bureau

I can’t tell if you are a troll or an astro-turfer, but I’ll bite. There is no “loose conglomeration” of taxi company owners, there is no conglomeration. I live in a town of around 200,000, there are 14 taxi companies here. I work for the largest, which has anywhere from 20-35 cars on the roads depending on the day. It is owned by three guys, whom are all an email, phone call, or office visit away, as is the office manager. Our credit card machines always work fine. We have an app (had one before Uber) that does everything the Uber app does. We are representative of most taxi companies, with maybe the exceptions being NYC, where it sounds like the cab companies need to improve.

Uber is one company, funded by Google, Goldman Sachs, Bezos, etc. to the tune of 18 billion dollars, with an openly (laughably absurd) stated goal of destroying this mysterious ‘big taxi’ and becoming a transportation logistics monopoly. They have already begun to incrementally cut wages from their drivers, to the point that many have quit, and many are working for well under minimum wage, even on weekends.

It’s pretty clear to me who is David and who is Goliath. If you think critically even a little, cut through the marketing speech, you’ll see that you’ve been taken for a ride.

Just reread your post and saw:

“a very large organization that steadfastly refuses to do any kind of innovation because “that’s how things have always been done,” who try to convince people their credit card machines aren’t working, who have zero customer support”

Are you claiming that you have had this experience with every one (or enough of a majority) of the thousands of individual cab companies in America?

and:

“strives to create a driver/customer communication at every transaction”

I have a “driver/customer communication” with every passenger that gets into my cab, lol.

Let’s see, where else have I recently traveled with no credit card support, drivers who were more interested in their cell phones, and, in one case, the driver asking me for directions “because you have a map on your phone, right?”
Boston
San Antonio
Newark
Oklahoma City

I don’t know where you are, but I’m pretty sure that your configuration with credit card machines that work and an app is actually waaay out in the forefront of taxi-ing and is not typical of a lot of major cities.

Cities I’ve recently traveled to that do receive high marks for decent taxi service:
Dallas
Seattle

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.