Ugandan president on gay oral sex: 'you can get worms'

someone really should tell this guy that it isn’t a worm they are putting in each other’s mouths, it is a trouser snake, different species completely.

2 Likes

The worms make you gay!

Unfortunately, people don’t want to face up to the facts of the scientific link between gays and worms. Everyone knows that if you walk with out rhythm, you won’t attract the worm. But try to tell that to a queen in bitchin’ heels or at the latest dance music pumping gay club.

3 Likes

Just look what happened when the worms got to Arizona

6 Likes

And isn’t there a connection between Russian homophobic laws recently passed and the fingerprint of American Right-wing fundamentalists? The interesting thing is that there actually is a money connection there. It just isn’t connected to the gays. It has to do with the relationship between the RWFs and their host countries. Get it? Blame the others for what you actually are doing, all in the name of protecting your own “interests” (read: “monopoly”). Nice way to put the squeeze on competing NGOs in Uganda receiving from money from USAID and President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), launched by the Bush Administration, Yep, a lot of evangelicals got sent on “mission” with that cash flow. But if your help is unbiased, then you’re likely to find yourself under government threat.

Non right-wing evangelical NGOs?

The problem is, apparently in Uganda they eat da poo poo (like ice cream!):

1 Like

While I agree with the spirit of your comment, It is unfortunately valid to say that there are Ugandan’s who obviously support this and that , yes, they are stupid.

But how is this different from ridiculous claims from religious homophobes anywhere else on the planet?

It isn’t and they should all be criticized and mocked as needed. The key distinction here is that this is happening right now - the law was just signed, and therefore it is current events and worth talking about.

1 Like

Three words for you, “George. W. Bush.”

2 Likes

There really should be a trigger warning on your post. :wink:

I suspect you already know the answer but I’ll play along and say it anyway:
In no way at all.

(I’m not singling out anybody as more stupid then anybody else, we are all equally stupid, we just happen to be talking about the Ugandan president and his clearly stupid supporters, and a very easily proven stupid claim. Whoever confused Africa with Uganda or wanted to extrapolate this further and make broad claims about Africans I don’t know who that is, and whats more, clearly we, (rather I am anyway) saying that believing this, or claiming to believe this is stupid, I have no way of knowing in what other ways these people are surely stupid and where they are brilliant but I believe this does not need to be said in a place where civil conversation takes place.)

“83 countries where homosexuality is illegal” 83 countries where homosexuality is illegal

The general ignorance in Uganda can be directly correlated to the rise is foreign christian organizations who teach this crap.

I feel bad for the people of Uganda. Their leader is simply a reflection of the people.

Binyavanga Wainaina speculates on why homophobic legal regimes are so popular right now in Africa.

1 Like

And yet, all of them are totally homophobic.

2 Likes

Related: 21 varieties of traditional African homosexuality.

2 Likes

Great link Elusis and an interesting read. Such a shame that the African culture is being whitewashed like the native american population was.