US gov't will now reluctantly confirm or deny your inclusion on its "No Fly List," if you ask

[Permalink]

1 Like

If you ask, your name gets added and so the answer is Yes?

18 Likes

Schrƶdingerā€™s List.

11 Likes

Start asking on behalf of members of congress and high ranking agency officials.

10 Likes

Start here: http://www.tsa.gov/about-tsa/leadership

3 Likes

I think they would all be keen to know.

What alarmed me here was the story of the kid tortured in Kuwait because of accidental inclusion on the list.

The US and other democratic, ostensibly ā€œfreeā€ nations have been supporting torture in these regimes, which is akin to supporting terrorism itsā€™ self, and definitely undermines any moral authority they hope to have or claims to even being ā€˜freeā€™ states at all.

Torture is entirely ineffective means for getting information, besides that it is ā€˜serial killerā€™ level psychopathy and taints every organization directly or indirectly authorizing it.

5 Likes

Beware - just asking will probably land you a spot on the list.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œgurglegurglebangbang, post:7, topic:55529ā€]
The US [has] been supporting torture in these regimes, which is akin to supporting terrorism itsā€™ self, and definitely undermines any moral authority they hope to have or claims to even being ā€˜freeā€™ states at all.[/quote]
Umm. Did you miss the entire first decade of this century?

2 Likes

I am afraid you missed the meaning of the statement.

ā€œThe US [has] been supporting torture in these regimes, which is akin to supporting terrorism itsā€™ self, and definitely undermines any moral authority they hope to have or claims to even being ā€˜freeā€™ states at all.ā€

Noting ā€œthey hope to haveā€ or ā€œthey claim to haveā€ is not equivalent to ā€œI believe they haveā€.

Do they claim to have? Most certainly. And this is respected currency among these nations, including between the US and England.

That does not mean that currency literally has any value or is set for a collapse. But that they operate as if it is currency at the higher levels, anyway, that is definitely sure.

Even North Korea could be said to ā€œhope to haveā€ or ā€œclaim to haveā€ freedom, without imbibing the person noting this is saying something completely different or even stating their own perspective of such claims.

And you did, there, exclude Great Britain, which is just as in the rut as the US in these regards, and I definitely intended to say so.

Though, you guys do tend to be more inclined, at least, against terrorism, if the drama Worricker is any way representative of your wider held opinions there.

I didnā€™t miss that meaning, but you seem to have missed one of the major news stories over the last 10 years. The US has been doing a bit more than merely ā€œsupportingā€ torture in various third-party regiemes. The US has been balls-deep in conducting torture, itself.

Which doesnā€™t negate your point, although it does significantly amplify it.

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.