Vaped crusader

Unless you walked, cycled or drove electric to said lunch or movie, I’d rather you stayed at home because I’d rather not breathe in the highly dangerous exhaust fumes it took to get you there.
Disclaimer:
I don’t vape. As stated earlier I’m a cannabis smoker, so have only ever smoked outside or in my own home.

1 Like

FTFY…[quote=“shaddack, post:228, topic:73621”]
You mean, diacetyl naturally present in the Chardonnay wines…
[/quote]
I knew you’d fill those blanks in.:grin:

2 Likes

Happy to help :smiley: Flavor chemistry and food chemistry (and processes and materials in food industry) are pretty interesting fields.

People who waste time on petty outrages instead of reading industrial monographs are missing out.

2 Likes

I actually pretty much walk everywhere or bike and BART.

In fact, I’m walking at my treadmill standing desk right now talking to you!

2 Likes

Good for you. Genuinely. These are really the more important things we should be focusing on.
You’re in the middle of your workday and I’m readying for bed.
Don’t work/walk too hard.
:grin:

4pm on Friday? I wouldn’t call that “middle.” In fact, my wife just got me this for Valentine’s Day…

4 Likes

Nice. I don’t drink, myself, but I’ll toast you with my cup of tea.

2 Likes

I am confused, you are encouraging meth abuse but concerned about vaporizing?

I’ll be surprised if @Mindysan33 only gives you a derisive gif and isn’t calling child protective services to report taking a 5 year old to demolition derby right now!

4 Likes

Only a fool would claim that vaping is entirely safe (and I’m aware that such fools exist). But if you really want to claim that vaping is even remotely as dangerous as smoking commercial brand cigarettes, with their 4000 chemicals – including 43 known carcinogens – there’s not much anyone can do to dissuade you.

Right now, nicotine e-cigs are an unregulated Wild West so I’d certainly recommend anyone using them to check labels very carefully and look for organic mixes with known ingredients. Caveat emptor.

Cannabis vapes, on the other hand, tend to be very clean and produced in an artisinal fashion (for the time being). Many of the best use MCT oil in place of propylene glycol; some use only pure cannabis…which, I’ll remind everyone, the Drug Enforcement Agency classified in a legal ruling as “one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man,” and “safer than many foods we commonly consume.” Laws against using cannabis vapes in outdoor public spaces are politics as usual based on ignorance and lies.

3 Likes
  1. Yeah, vaping clouds around other people is serious asshole material.

2. There’s a demolition derby race where you live!? That’s so flipping cool I was compelled to see if there are ever any around here. Sometimes there are. I have a new goal.

4 Likes

What’s wrong on demolition derbies, and what is the link to meth?

I bet my little cousin that’s just a bit older would love to see such derby.

2 Likes

I grew out of wanting to watch cars crash around 30 April/1 May 1994.

They do, in fact, get old enough to realize you’re not as dumb as they thought!

Sometimes the best adult relationship you’ll have with your children is with the one you very nearly strangled the most.

I was talking with a friend the other day who made a point that this is a hidden issue with going away to boarding school for high school, or even just having a parent who is gone all the time during that period of life: teens need to have the experience of daily skirmishes with their parent(s) as they’re approaching adulthood so they learn that no matter how awful they are, they are still loved…because they are worth loving, and so are other people who maybe drive them nuts occasionally, like a potential spouse. It’s a major life lesson. It’s just really painful for the parents at the time. And the teens too, but man is it hard to have empathy for that sometimes!

1 Like

Respect consent!

We must end vape-culture!

2 Likes

The point has already been made several times on this thread that the reason vaping is being pushed so heavily by the tobacco industry is that today’s teens have learned how dangerous nicotine is and they’re choosing to avoid it. As you’ve pointed out, starting tobacco early is what most reliably makes a lifetime addict. Vaping is a way to get nicotine into the lungs of younger people, to get them hooked.

And if there is nicotine in the vapor, that means there’s at least SOME in the second-hand vapor. It’s not second-hand smoke, but it’s in the same neighborhood.

So the concerns are real. It’s not just hating on the process.

2 Likes

Actually, I’m calling to see if I can get tickets to take my kid, too… :wink:

ZOMG, you guys! Remember rotary phones! Remember public phones!!!

8 Likes

They are QUITE FUN, but it’s been years since I’ve been to one.

3 Likes

I think there is a disconnect on the basic definition of “vaping”. There’s a spectrum from the very discreet (someone mentioned vaping on an airplane and exhaling through their shirt sleeve) to the “cloud” vapers with the mods, custom hand-wound coils and scary large batteries. So “discrete” and “cloud” vapers.

I don’t get out to bars/restaurants/movies/etc enough to know… do the “cloud” vapers really do their thing in a movie theatre? I’d object to that on the same grounds as Tommy Texter; it’s annoying to the other patrons.

I’d have no problem with a “discrete” vaper in the seat next to me no matter what the contents. I have to put up with his body odour, clothes washing habits, farts, bad breath, etc, and see 2nd hand vaped nicotine, THC, or “flavour” in a similar light… the risk I take leaving my house.

I’m vehemently anti-tobacco in my house or car, but would be OK with a discrete vaper who asked permission. But not someone busting out a cloud rig at the dinner table, or anywhere in the house or car. But on the back porch, have at it. Even the largest cloud dissaptes quickly. Just don’t blow it in anyone’s face. Unless someone asks, of course.

TL;DR: don’t be an ass and we’ll get along fine.

6 Likes

Remember when I had likes to give!!!

9 Likes

This, so much this! And I think that to love someone unconditionally, you have to have been loved unconditionally. It’s very much a learned behavior, and one that we (hopefully) learn from our parents first.

2 Likes