Venezuela may be offering Snowden asylum, but "it can’t handle the truth"

And Glenn Beck was born and raised in the U.S…

2 Likes

Again, not a single word about real issues presented here, not really talking aabout Venezuela, but about the American media.

Along with the document that OSGuido showed you, perhaps you should consider watching this as well:

It debunks much of the “Revolution…” stuff…

Yes, no real arguments.

Cool, you like Shakespeare! So do I…

Hottt stuff. Pretty outrageous, but it doesn’t discredit a government or give more credit to the opposition.

Well, not having been to Venezuela myself, and being completely unable to find any reliable narrators for the story, I can conclude only two things.

1. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. The US is in no position to lecture anyone on rule of law or democratic principles right now. Neither is Venezuela, nor most of the countries in the world right now. Some are better than others.

2. The best people to figure out what to do in Venezuela are almost 100% of the time - Venezuelans. Divided, vitriolic, heated debate is part of any process, and there is no reason Venezuela should be any different. That doesn’t mean the current government is great, good or bad - I have no credible sources to decide that, and it’s not really my business anyway.

3. The political issues and weaknesses of Venezuela, Bolivia and others are a sideshow when we talk about the topic at hand - which is Snowden’s request for asylum. He has to go somewhere, he faces draconian and disproportionate punishment if he returns ‘home’. Not many others are open to him. So going to Venezuela is an option, and good luck to him.

4. Now, about that massive campaign of spying against the 350 million criminals and terrorists* in the USA - how is that going? Is it worth it? Does it make sense? Is it what all those criminals and terrorists want for themselves, since it is in their name?

*(NOTE to the sarcasm challenged - I label all the citizens of the US as criminals & terrorists in irony, but the NSA has made a prior assumption that you are exactly that and deserve to be treated as such. Get mad at them, not me.)

6 Likes

I’ve been wondering this since the beginning OSGuido…

OTOH,
Congrats for diverting the attention of the fails of my govt refusing to talk about its real issues, defending a fantasy version of it and talking instead of American media

Again, you are ignoring the part of “this person was in charge of the prisons when 50+ people were murdered by the army inside a prison, and she is still a minister”.

And the journalist she attacked was harassed and went to jail. Petty revenge, anyone?

But of course, ignore that and the other links, easier talking about the sensationalist stuff.

1 Like

Oh, you needed to see more of the “hottt stuffff”… Here, watch:

By the way, that was a colombian journalist in Venezuela, misidentified as a “right wing journalist”… Hence, the reaction of the “pacific” crowd…

You obviously don’t know at all the situation in Venezuela.

And of course, most of Venezuelans, peasants or teachers, don’t speak English. But, that means that the English speaking, “elites”, and Internet users are just a tiny part of those who voted against the govt.

1 Like

I think you misread:

There are an estimated 12.55 million internet users in Venezuela, up
6.2% in the last year, a share which now represents 42% of the national population.

That is an official (Venezuelan government) source, BTW…

What about these complaints?

It has english subs, if you need them…

None whatsoever…

And, talking about Snowden, what he did was brave, I admire him. Those actions needed to be exposed and Americans have the right to know what is done in the name of their security.

It’s sad he miscalculated and now cannot even get to Venezuela, let alone the fact he needs to go there. He should have known better, and I honestly cannot blame him for choosing to go to Venezuela instead of facing the US. And, as I said before, they are not really welcoming him in Venezuela, they just want to stick it to the US and maybe get some profit out of him. Sooner or later he’s going to be deported, if he ever gets to Venezuela.

However, no matter what the US does, no matter what Snowden chooses and if he can reach Venezuela or not, Venezuela has very serious issues that can’t be ignored.

If you really support freedom of speech and justice and you try to ignore or deny all the shit that Chávez and his team did, have done and are still doing because you like Snowden, you are doing a disservice to both freedom of speech and justice.

3 Likes
1 Like

What argument? It was in response to something irrelevant.

1 Like

And your statement with this piece of news is…?

Like your comments?