Watch a British prankster shower corrupt FIFA chief Sepp Blatter with fake bank notes

[Read the post]

1 Like

BR-AVO!

can we make this the standard greeting for Sepp everywhere

12 Likes

Sepp-er-ation.

1 Like

Ouch. Apparently the most internationally recognizable symbol of greed is a stack of American money.

I guess I shouldnā€™t be surprised.

11 Likes

In the GIF it looks for a moment as though heā€™s wincing in terror. He knows heā€™s a shit and probably expects to come to a violent end.

6 Likes

Are you sure those are fake? If so, they look real enough to bring forgery charges.

1 Like

I think it was a ~$80-100 stunt.

1 Like

Why no link to the source story?

They do appear to be genuine US singles.

EDIT: American != US

The Money Shot

1 Like

That image is going to have a lot more staying power than, say, a pile of glitter or a face full of pie filling. Good job on the prankster thar.

2 Likes

If itā€™s any conciliation, the fact that you have relatively cheap notes probably helped, euros and pounds donā€™t have notes below ā‚¬5/Ā£5.

Well done that man for giving us the image of blatter we needed.

1 Like

Indeed. That still shot (Iā€™m assuming it was originally a still) by the Reuters photographer was perfect. Itā€™s going to look great in someoneā€™s portfolio.

1 Like

Could be called ā€œBlatters Leavesā€.

1 Like

I like his look of disgust when he realises that they are only singles. :wink:

5 Likes

Blatterā€™s BlƤtter

Yeah, heā€™s never seen bills with a denomination that small. Heā€™s appalled.

1 Like

Between the fact that soccer fans areā€¦notoriously enthusiastic; the fact that he is embroiled in financial malfeasance so serious that Switzerland has been cooperating without any visible arm-twisting by the US; and the fact that some of the people who are willing to allocate large quantities of unclean money also favor extralegal methods of dispute resolution; he might have reason to be concerned.

That said, people who have had much better reasons to end their career in multiple pieces have been entirely successful in living to a ripe old age, dying of natural causes, and being given the funeral of a hero and statesman; so he may well make it out. Probably not without some stress, though.

I wonder if the choice was purely pragmatic(small notes), symbolic(the ā€˜briefcase full of hundredsā€™ has been the ā€œthis money is big and traveling incognito because its purposes would not withstand the light of dayā€ go-to since well before the euro zone existed), or a reference to the fact that it was the US feds who suddenly showed a downright Unamerican level of interest in soccer and kicked off the operation by doing a thorough cull of basically any FIFA agent whose transactions touched the US financial system?

1 Like

You might be surprised by how close prop money can come without getting the Secret Service involved:
http://www.rjrprops.com/prop-money.html

I imagine they used US dollars because the $1 looks like a $100 from a distance in a way that European money does not.

1 Like