WATCH: scorching guitar riff with ACPAD MIDI controller prototype

[Read the post]

As someone who knows his way around both a guitar and an Arduino - I am HIGHLY skeptical of this “prototype”, and suspect there is no small amount of overdubbing going on in that original video. I was hoping this new video would show him playing live, but no such luck. I would love it if this was real, but… I’m holding on to my money on this one. It has the flavor of Kickstarter Vaporware, IMHO.

The point at which it becomes impossible for the average viewer to be certain that everything going on is under the direct synchronous control of the ostensible performer is the point where we need something like Poe’s Law to describe the problem one might have in being certain that everything going on is under the direct synchronous control of said performer.

1 Like

MIDI is an outdated protocol. OSC is where it’s at these days.

And the hipster hat did nothing to help the credibility of the product.

1 Like

MIDI is a long way from being outdated. Not saying it shouldn’t die in a fire, just saying its going to be with us for a while.

Yeah, I still use it too :frowning:

Neat idea but I don’t see why the concept couldn’t apply to electric guitars as well?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.