Watch this 92-year-old gentleman crash into 10 cars (nobody died)

He was probably stoned.

5 Likes

The good news is that, statistically speaking, most young drivers will get safer over time. Older drivers not so much.

Wow, that chart is pretty telling. Doesn’t it seem pretty straight forward to enforce driving tests after 75 based on that? Most of the folks I know that age have given up driving and depend on their kids or younger siblings to get around.

The thing is, advocates for the elderly will show you charts like these instead—which are also perfectly accurate but don’t account for the aforementioned fact that most elderly people just stop driving on their own accord.

Your odds of being killed by an elderly driver are much lower than your odds of being killed by a young driver, but the odds of an elderly driver causing an accident when they get behind the wheel are much higher than the odds of a young driver doing so.

(Edit: I attached the wrong chart)

Real elderly gentlemen should drive these:

4 Likes

He was damn lucky not to kill or seriously injure anyone.

“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep — not screaming, like the passengers in his car.” - Jack Handey

8 Likes

The fact that there are so many people on the roads who shouldn’t be, and who justify their presence by a subjective assessment that other drivers are worse is one reason I stay off the roads altogether whenever possible.

2 Likes

This might be the dumbest post ever made here.

1 Like

He obviously panicked and was trying to flee the scene.

Hey, I don’t know about you, but I was sweating the possibility that one of my relatives might have been involved. The ages and sexes of the drivers confirmed that my family doesn’t have to feel any shame today!

@Brainspore: Yessss! Final proof that women are better drivers at all ages.

1 Like

If I ever get called a gentleman on BB, I will have had to have done something VERY SERIOUSLY wrong. (Wrong for me, at least!)

1 Like

1 Like

None of my relatives would ever shop at a ‘Piggly-Wiggly’. :wink:

Rarely has put the car randomly into reverse or drive and floor it been the correct response when driving in a parking lot. “Drive like there is an egg under the gas pedal”.

I agree that after it has been determined that one is unfit to drive one shouldn’t drive (I suppose age can be a factor as well as other things), but not driving in most of the United States makes it really hard to get around and live a regular life - getting groceries, going to doctor’s appointments as well as church, entertainment, visiting friends, or just living ( alits from my own experience with elderly relatives). We chose cars in the US over efficient and nice public transportation in most of the US, especially outside of the big cities.

Safe, self-driving cars, can’t come soon enough.

3 Likes

I small town America, you shop at the grocery store you got, my friend. In some corners of Wisconsin, that ends up being Piggly Wiggly.

Still better than Walmart.

6 Likes

Today I learned that Piggly Wiggly is still in business. Good for them. They were the first but it’s been so long since I’ve seen one I had thought they were gone.

1 Like

Welcome to the League.

This actually makes pretty good viewing music for the video, if you have them open in different tabs.

1 Like

Pffft. Why do you think ice-floes were invented?

I just hope it didn’t happen at this location:

3 Likes