Carjacker punches elderly lady, then dies at wheel within minutes

Originally published at: Carjacker punches elderly lady, then dies at wheel within minutes | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Karma is being an utter b***h today, is she not?
Good for her.

14 Likes

Curious that the article neither names the carjacker nor says that they’re having trouble figuring out who it is.

1 Like

Instant bad karma.

19 Likes

Couldn’a happened to a nicer fella.

11 Likes

Look at her home: she’s still working full time at 72 to support herself and her husband, and is barely making ends meet.

Senior citizens, veterans, disabled: we do not take care of our most vulnerable. That’s on us as a country.

31 Likes

she was very gracious in her statement. i would not have been. thieves are bad enough. thieves who punch an elderly person to steal their stuff deserve exactly what this guy got. in my opinion.

16 Likes

I don’t mean to minimize the seriousness of the crime here, but that shiner looks almost artistic, like some black metal shit.

At 72, it will take MONTHS, maybe close to a year, to fully heal.

26 Likes

Shirlene, you are a fighter and a surviver, good on you girl.

9 Likes

Not a Viper?

2 Likes

Why is that curious? He’s dead, so it does the general public no benefit to know his identity. Presumably his next of kin was notified. Does anyone else need to know?

8 Likes

Bag of ash at this point, who cares?

8 Likes

After I read the headline I really was hoping that she’d installed a Magnavolt.

So much for the future that I was promised by Robocop 2.

7 Likes

Yes, and a blow that serious could easily have killed her, or left her disabled. Ugh, what a world.

11 Likes

Shirlene is a far better person than I.

And I’m not going to post my opinion lest it get yet another post flagged and removed.

7 Likes

I’m taking your kar ma. Got change for five?

2 Likes

“…three men trying to tackle the attacker…”

I wonder if there was some physical contact with the three men, enough to disorient (injure?) him in a way that caused him, even later, to lose control of the car.

As he instigated the situation, he is responsible for the outcome.

4 Likes

I was speculating on a possible cause for the crash, and not on who else should be held accountable for anything involving the carjacking.