A 78-year-old woman twice convicted of bank robbery strikes again

Originally published at: A 78-year-old woman twice convicted of bank robbery strikes again | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Oh Miss Rosa! Make sure you take out Vee when you break out of prision!

14 Likes

“It’s a little old lady who steps out,” he added. “We weren’t sure initially that we had the right person.”

“We didn’t know if we should hug her or shoot her.”

10 Likes

She could be an excellent bank robber. That’s ageism right there.

13 Likes

Twice convicted. It seems her ability to get away with it has not improved.

12 Likes

But we don’t know how many she got away with. She might have a great batting average.

13 Likes

I am no sports-baller but three strikes and I believe one is out.

4 Likes

You gotta admit that’s a great OG bank robber name right there. Sounds like someone who used to ride with Ma Barker or Baby Face Nelson.

15 Likes

I occasionally go bowling.

4 Likes

Again, unfamiliar with the sports balls, but I think you’re mixing and matching sporstes and that’s how we get cricket.

6 Likes

I’ve got the equipment.!

5 Likes

That’s a striking buckle; do you have a spare? :wink:

10 Likes

That’s from 1974 or so. Back when there were people making custom belt buckles. I have a few others from that maker that I got on eBay. All are solid brass from them. Some with different inlays. Solid - never going to break.

3 Likes
9 Likes

My elderly mum truly stopped giving a damn when she got into her late seventies and would say and do pretty much anything she wanted. Sometimes to my deep embarrassment.
If my sister or I complained, her usual response was “Old ladies are invisible!”

9 Likes

Perhaps that’s her intent. She will probably be sentenced to a minimum security prison and not have to worry about food, shelter or medical care.

5 Likes

No, thats what a Scottish person says when they believe your perineum to be pretty.

10 Likes

Ooooh, it’s a buckle! I was thinking ‘that’s a weird looking skillet’.

Needs a corgi for scale.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Mixing and matching different measurement units is how you crash your Mars probe, you know.

6 Likes