WATCH: This here's corn maze cuttin' season!

[Read the post]

Its funny because that’s how they all talk right? Amirite?

1 Like

Which part of the heartland is that, exactly? The Great Smoky Mountains? Doesn’t matter, I suppose it’s all flyover country.

EDIT: Need to ask this person.

No kidding. That’s offensive.

Eesh. I second that sentiment… Not to mention, there is a farm in the town I’m in in the SF bay area that has a corn maze every year (& pumpkin patch for the kiddos too). Pretty sure such things are popular across the US, not just in the apparent mid-country hick-villes Andrea imagines.

I mean I was just a bit surprised to read on a site that frequently posts content about how we as Americans should really break out of stereotyping and saw that… It kind of deflates all those other equally serious conversations no?

However as a person who grew up in deep NC then moved to the midwest and was relentlessly bullied about my hayseed accent… It did kind of hit a bit hard.

The actual content about corn mazes was pretty neat. Its similar to the pictures and designs done in Japan wheat fields. I just wonder why the framing of the conversation had to be that way.

Don’t get a bee in yer bonnet! That dialect’s a loving homage to my Aunt Hennie and Uncle Rollie, who sounded just like that and raised hogs in southern Illinois. We had sweet corn, popcorn, and watermelon on our farm. And if that offends you, definitely don’t read any Twain or Steinbeck!

Well… I take no overt offense really, however Its just an odd paradigm where a site preaches heavily on what the correct social behavior towards east/west coast cultures yet feel the flyover states are a source of constant entertainment, i.e. to be derided and made fun of because of their hay-seed appearances…

NOT THAT THE ASSHAT BEHAVIOR OF POLITICIANS DOWN HERE DONT DESERVE IT… lordy its hard being a lefty in the south.

Look I get it, it just came off a bit haughty thats all, it was a bit of a shock and I’m happy not worrying that it was some kind of west cost elite wanting to get their digs into southern culture.

Ok beer consumed, I’ve chewed my stalk of grain :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.