Watch this Indonesian girl, 15, shred metal guitar riffs like a total rock monster

I think her expression is more a mixture of concentration and serenity, but it does clash with the tone of the music and her flying fingers.

3 Likes

I hope she develops some taste in music to match her skills.

When watching Robert Fripp play, I really liked that “Shit, I forgot it’s Saturday. I bet the dry cleaners closes at noon.” expression. There’s something to be said for the disaffected and bored look. The good ones make it look easy. The pros make it look easy-peasy.

5 Likes

I also hope she stays off your lawn.

6 Likes

In my experience, there is no one more tribal and judgmental than serious metal fans.

5 Likes

I hope the same for you.

1 Like

Let’s not tell her parents what those singers are actually saying.

(Which won’t be hard. I’m not sure their bandmates know what they’re saying.)

1 Like

While we’re on the subject, don’t forget about Jess Lewis.

1 Like

My mind is blown! She’s only 15 years old and plays guitar like that?!

She’s truly awesome and talented and I wanna buy her a guitar. Her current axe looks exactly like the red $109 Squier Strat I started with back in 1986, and oh my god did I come to hate that guitar. (For all I know she has a real Strat and loves it to pieces, but the sight of red Strats is still traumatic to me.) At least she has better FX processors than I ever had.

And in that first video, the camera placement makes it looks like she’s calmly regarding the disembodied hand (You rock, Thing!) crawling all over her guitar.

1 Like

As a guitarist whose not particularly interested in shredding, She rocks.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.