Watch: trailer for the TV version of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

[Read the post]

So much of the appeal of the series is Lemony Snicket’s prose. It’s hard to imagine any adaptation capturing that without a lot of voice-overs.

As long as Jim Carrey isn’t involved… and the show is about the orphans… not Jim Carrey… then it should be awesome.

8 Likes

he’s too busy fighting vaccinations…

6 Likes

That’s the first thing that came into my mind…first unfortunate event: not vaccinating the children.

3 Likes

It is a Very Fine Demonstration of Video Fan Devotion, but apparently the official trailer will not be available until some Vague Future Date. (Hopefully without the Vaccination Fighting Doofus.)

1 Like

Per Netflix: this isn’t real. Its a fan film.

there seems to be an unusual amount of V.F.D in your comment… the world is quiet here.

It’s a little disconcerting to hear the Dresden Dolls “Missed Me” in this context. The trailer is intriguing,

Disappointing, but so was the movie. My son was such a fan, we camped out to get Book 13 on Friday, October 13th, 2013. The movie was so badly edited it just didn’t make sense. Plus that giant magnifying glass.

Ha! Thanks. I updated my post.

I enjoyed the closing credits sequence though.

2 Likes

Oh yes, such an excellent sequence, that. Darn near the price of admission.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.