What do giraffes taste like?

[Permalink]

Maggie, Is it Vomit Tuesday?

1 Like

Pretty frigginā€™ good apparently:

http://www.new-born-gifts.com/Portals/4/PropertyAgent/499/Images/244.jpg

7 Likes

Not if you ask my kids. Neither one had any interest in Sophie.

If it was possible to determine that it was sourced ethically, Iā€™d give giraffe meat a try. Maybe if I ever make it to Johannesburg. The only other ā€œexoticā€ meats Iā€™ve had occasion to try were kangaroo and crocodile, they were both quite tasty. Oooh, and apparently thereā€™s a butcher in the St Lawrence Market that sells kangaroo (and crocodileā€¦ and camel?) meat! I know where Iā€™m shopping the next time I have a bbq for the guys.

2 Likes

I did wonder if the lions killed at Longleat would be fed to the giraffes. Would seem sort of symmetrical.

I think they taste of tears.

I <3 this article. Thank you MKB.

ā€˜Like vealā€™ according to Frank Buckland. He was less complimentary about elephantā€™s trunk, porpoise head, and earwigs.

I too would give giraffe a try if it was sourced ethically. In fact Iā€™m pretty much up for any food adventure I can find. :slight_smile:

I live in a small mountain town in British Columbia, Canada, and I can get Kangaroo, Crocodile, Camel, Emu, Ostrich, Wild Boar, Python, Goat, Bison, and a bunch of other meats at the regular grocery, and the meat market has caribou, bear, elk, moose, deer, antelope, etc. So far Iā€™ve enjoyed every one of those Iā€™ve tried. Lately Iā€™ve been eating a lot of duck and quail eggs. Yum.

Iā€™m just as adventurous with fruits and vegetables and am no stranger to the durian, cherimoya, cupuaƧu, mangosteen, etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.