White Supremacist wants to build Aryan enclave with Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign

Of course, Aryan is a central and south Asian linguistic category… and perhaps originally a religious category… I guess white nationalists have to advertise their ignorance as well as their obnoxiousness.

1 Like

Doesn’t count when it’s common criminals. Kind of like if you’ve got two kids they share the little colds and viruses they get, each to the other and it always balances out.

Canada mostly gets the short end of the stick, when it’s criminal element trades luscious marijuana for handguns and cocaine, but most things are otherwise balanced.

Anne Geddes is starting to lose it.

(Stolen from The Onion, but I am so grateful for the opportunity.)

How is the rest of the U.S., and Canada, unsafe for white people?

2 Likes

I think “safe” in this context refers to “I can be as bigoted as I like all day long, and ain’t nobody gonna call me out on it”.

1 Like

Pretty much. At least not in their own home. Once they venture out into the rest of society, they need to follow the same social contract as anyone else, but like I said- Everybody deserves to have a place where they can be themselves, even the people who can be themselves pretty much anywhere. Even shitty people.

Again, I think the right to be left alone is just as important as the right to free speech or the right to a fair trial. If there are people who aren’t being granted those rights, the solution is to grant them- not take them away from someone else.

However they doesn’t actually have the right to create a place within the U.S. borders where the Constitution does not apply. This gentleman’s worldview is incompatible with the laws of the country which has inexplicably allowed him to remain here.

2 Likes

[quote=“billstewart, post:29, topic:59716”]
scam a bunch of other racists out of their money.
[/quote]Why do I feel dumb for not thinking of this?

Seriously, why don’t the rest of us just scam racists out of their money to support non-racist things? How would that not be the most obvious solution to a lot of problems?

6 Likes

they doesn’t actually have the right to create a place within the U.S. borders where the Constitution does not apply.

That is correct.

I think there’s a fine line between bringing in people you want and driving out people you don’t. Our laws prevent him from the latter, but not the former.

This gentleman’s worldview is incompatible with the laws of the country which has inexplicably allowed him to remain here.

One more reason I’d prefer him to go away- and if he’s willing to self-isolate, I consider it a solution which works for everyone. It’s certainly a hell of a lot better than his other option, which is to try to impose his views on the rest of us.

Obviously, it’s not. But as far as these people perceive it, they are practically on the verge of extinction. That belief may not be grounded in reality, but it is held with absolute sincerity.

I believe a free society has a certain responsibility to respect deeply held beliefs, however silly or delusional, right up to the moment when they infringe upon other people.

If it’s what they choose, allowing people to self-quarantine seems like the best way to both respect their right to have those beliefs, without allowing them to impose those beliefs on others.

2 Likes

I agree in principle, but let’s not forget that these people are white supremacists. If they build a “town” that in some way actively excludes members of other races, they’re breaking U.S. laws, no?

It would seem that no sane person of color would want to enter and interact with self-declared “Aryans” in such a space, let alone live in it, but if one or more did, what would happen? If the town has a gas station or grocery store, can it really refuse service to all but white people? Also, racial residential redlining is now illegal, as far as I know. If this new town starts up, and then makes it known that people are welcome to move in, but only white people, aren’t they then breaking the law of the larger land in which the town sits?

Freedom of belief and expression as long as they don’t hurt others is a fine ideal, but in cases like this one, I have trouble imagining it working in practice.

2 Likes

They can do it, but they won’t be able to incorporate as a municipality and do any of those things, or offer any public services etc.

Essentially they’d end up with what every other batshit crazy group of turd whistlers has ended up with, a compound on private property.

Thy can call it a town, but it won’t be real. and if a public road passes through it that just means the tanks get there sooner.

2 Likes

I think there’s a fine line, and more than a few legal technicalities- Largely dependent on their actual structure:

• Are they actually going to be a legally recognized township, a commune, or just one large private property on which the owner has invited people to live?
  • Are they incorporating as any kind of community, religious, or social group or club?
  • Are they doing any sort of business with the general public?

Some of those options allow them to shelter behind private property rights. Some of them require adherence to nondiscrimination laws. Some of them toe the line. I honestly don’t know enough about the relevant laws to be completely certain of all the implications.

1 Like

We arrested him.

There is a country whose name changed in 1935 to mean “Aryan”. The are groups down there that like their guns and their old-time religion. Nice and sunny too. Sounds like home for the ‘good ol’ boys’. It used to be called Persia.

Actually, maybe no: they have enough troubles right now.

And that town would still be less murderously psychotic than the one Cobb wants to set up.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.