White supremacists record video at the new, bulletproof Emmett Till memorial sign

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/04/snowflakes-r-them.html

1 Like

Look at them, those strong, manly prime examples of the white master race, getting triggerd by a sign remembering a murdered child, and then scurring away like rats when they fear that they may get in trouble for their racist bullshit.
Disgusting.

76 Likes

I find the “Anglo-Celtic Elite” part hollow as well, as the English long considered the Irish and the Scots as subhuman. Give them a generation, and the Italians will also be welcomed in as an effort to increase their declining numbers.

40 Likes

LOL. Pretty sure these folks didn’t get where they are by wanting to know stuff.

46 Likes

What sickening bunch of losers. Imagine being so lackluster that the only thing you can take pride in is a lack of melanin. One can only hope that they get woke.

30 Likes

What about a nice state level billboard campaign ?

They can vandalize one sign, but what about hundred of them ?

12 Likes

A speaker near the sign played an automatically triggered recording warning the white supremacists that they were being recorded. They ran away.

This is why, in the old days, white supremacist cowards wore hoods when expressing their “economic anxiety”.

47 Likes

Crackers…

8 Likes

Imagine having so little interesting in your life that you spend your time getting mad at a child who was murdered before you were even born.

38 Likes

Can we start calling these people saltines? Like the bland white ones nobody wants at the cheese platter?

If you get a nice wheat or rice cracker with some sharp cheddar, then I have nothing against crackers. These people seem like the type that would dip wonder bread into mayo and think it was awesome.

10 Likes

You shouldn’t have cameras everywhere but there are certain places a camera is a worthy security/privacy tradeoff. Idiot White Supremacist Honeypot Surveillance state is actually a surveillance state I can get behind.

17 Likes

I commute ~5 miles to work via bike every day. I just recently bought a camera to attach to my handle bars since it seems a lot of people are getting more road-ragey nowadays.

I have a great video of some guy honking at me (was doing ~20 in a 30 zone. I’m peddling FFS; chill). I was in a kind of pissy mood because it was pouring rain so I made a rude gesture as he past/splashed me. Blew by him in stop-and-go traffic and next time he passes me he cuts over diagonally and slams on the breaks. He goes to get out of the car and I love the fact that the lady-friend in the passenger seat reaches over and starts hitting and yelling at him until he closes the door and drives off.

Got his plate on the camera.

28 Likes

That’s not where the term comes from.

4 Likes

They wanted to know where the white people are? The white people were at home minding their business. The white trash were doing something stupid in front of a sign that honors the memory of a murdered child.

16 Likes

Kind of sounds like they want a monument for the white men who murdered Till in the interest of “balance.”

16 Likes

Wait, only one of them was bald with a Van Dyke and (presumably mirrored) sunglasses? That math is suspect.

4 Likes

Hey cracker how about like 99% of all the other historic markers. But as you are too fucking stupid to realize that here is to your future career saying ‘Do you want fries with that?’

11 Likes

If I were horrible enough to be a white supremecist I also wouldn’t point to an obvious lie and atrocity as something to help sell the ideology. This is like trying to promote American patriotism by highlighting the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

7 Likes

What does “Where are all the white people at” even mean? What are they trying to do? What is the point? It’s really, really hard to understand these people. Almost invariably, if you confront them about it they dissemble and make excuses.

What do they get out of this? Are they that desperate to belong to something - anything?

What is the motivation?

7 Likes

An alarm near the sign goes off, additional surveillance footage showed, and prompts the group to run and leave the site.

So what triggers the alarm? Is it manual? Does it go off if there is loitering? Pattern recognition of Confederate flags?

4 Likes