10 Comic-Con announcements that are actually about comics

[Read the post]

Sweet Jesus DC, please use Static Shock as a JL member.

1 Like

Paper sounds like a Grant Morrison project.

1 Like

Is it just me, or is Josh Wedons new character look like a Victorian lady Shadow?

1 Like

Not to mention that Ed Piskor of this parish won an Eisner for HipHop Family Tree.
Nice one Ed!

4 Likes

I seriously never realized that Korra and Whatever her name was ended up romantically involved. Wasn’t even looking for it.

1 Like

Don’t forget that Joe Kelly and Joe Madureira are returning to Deadpool for the first time in over a decade. Deadpool was created by Rob Liefeld, but the first REALLY GOOD Deadpool comics were done by this team, including a classic where an old Ditko Spider-Man is redrawn with Deadpool playing the Spidey role. This should be on anyone’s top comics-only list!

1 Like

It’s the red scarf. I saw the scarf and had a Isadora Duncan blip.

1 Like

Vertigo Comics has long been the cape-free, mature readers arm of DC Comics, publishing critical hits like Sandman

technically morpheus wore a cape, but i know what you’re getting at.

god i hate being that guy…

1 Like

Given that she’s a Whedon character, she’d best be careful with that scarf around cars.

Adieu, mes amis, je suis un feuille sur le vent.

1 Like

I always enjoy Hip-hop Family Tree despite having no real interest in hip-hop; now that’s the mark of a quality comic. :wink:

1 Like

I could see that. Which makes sense, I mean, The Shadow and Batman–they’re roughly the same thing. Even Daredevil, right?

Bill Finger admitted, “My first [Batman] script was a take-off on a Shadow story."

2 Likes

If that great illustration here from Joss Whedon’s “Twist” were hanging in MoMA- 6ft tall x 12 ft wide- it would be an absolute masterpiece of Contemporary Pop Art.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.