10 killed in Dayton mass shooting

Agreed, the targets of these killings are often chosen with care. Like the young male who travelled from Dallas to El Paso, because that’s where all the undesirables are. Or targeting a festival full of hippies and other commies. Or nightclubs, where all the depraved queers hang out. They match the very definition of a terrorist attack in that they want to intimidate with these attacks, and they hope to encourage an overreaction by authorities, so that those authorities get exposed as the enemy.

A side note: I am using the vulgar, derogatory terms that I suspect the terrorists think in, and do not want anyone to think I use them.

Now, I think I will listen to Pink Floyd’s The Wall again, especially “Run Like Hell” and “Follow the Worms”.

30 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Right-wing gaming

Its crazy because before the El Paso shooting and this one there was another shooting in a Mississippi Walmart where 2 people were killed, and i recall reading about another after that about a shooting elsewhere though i can’t confirm where before the El Paso one is showing up on Goggle drowning out other results.

Honestly, at some point you’d hope people would realize US’ obsession with guns is part of the problem and that terrorism and crime isn’t a thing that only brown people do.

22 Likes

trump will never retract his views, and even if he did he’d never get the toothpaste back in the tube. We have to get rid of him or this will be america moving forward.

16 Likes

25 posts were split to a new topic: Right-wing gaming

Wow, my city got mentioned in the news and it’s not about economic collapse or opioid deaths.

I’ve been waiting for this day when I could finally (what’s the opposite of ‘triumphantly’?) declare: it happened here.

Fuck.

ETA: I saw a quote from somebody here in Dayton, i think it was a bouncer at one of the bars in the Oregon, that said “he damaged our city.” That really hit me and ffs I can’t get that short sentence out of my head.

20 Likes

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2012/12/15/our-moloch/

8 Likes

No way! He’s too busy standing with law enforcement.

Looks like that “keep Americans safe” is working just swell.

22 Likes

They are both, obviously. But it’s important to acknowledge tools used to carry out such attacks if we want to take steps to prevent future massacres. Most of these dumbshits don’t have the skill sets to build effective bombs.

14 Likes

It hasn’t even been a full 24 hours since the last domestic terrorist attack/mass shooting.

27 Likes

I haven’t really read anything about the shooter yet (other then that they were killed and a local). Is it another chud?

ETA all signs point to yes.

10 Likes

:question:

12 Likes

This kind:

(And it looks like he was. Internet sleuths found a picture of him that he proudly captioned as “Not black, not an immigrant, not a Muslim. White, American, male.” Good grief.)

22 Likes

What, the Cops shot a white man?! Mahgawd! None of us are safe!

13 Likes

Right? When I heard that the shooter wasn’t taken alive, I automatically presumed it must be a person with a higher melanin content.

22 Likes

Seems that only outside news sources can clearly see and label what’s right in front of the faces of American ones:

39 Likes

That’s one thing my parents taught me early in life: if you want the most honest coverage of what’s going on in America, look to the overseas news outlets. And that was some 30+ years ago.

I wish they were alive now to commiserate with me in the existential horrors of the past few years.

25 Likes

It gets problematic, though. We’ve had all these mass shootings where the shooter has a racist/misogynist/homophobic ideology and then also a few where there’s no discernible reason at all for the attack. The first case is clearly terrorism - there’s an ideology and goals - but grouping them with instances of the second case allow some to deny that, to pretend they’re all of the second type. So calling them all terrorism muddies the waters and hides the clear cases of traditional, textbook terrorism whose ideologies we need to fight.

When the government becomes fascist, enemies of fascism become “terrorists.” It’s not (just) a distraction against right-wing terrorism that they’re ideologically connected to (and, in some cases, directly inspire).

I wonder how that works. In many of these cases (e.g. Gilroy), the shooter kills himself when the cops show up, so that explains why they didn’t take him alive. Otherwise it could be a purely tactical consideration - when the cops show up, he might be in the midst of shooting, they might not have cover, and so they might be forced to shoot him and his white privilege gains him no protection.

14 Likes

42 Likes

Thank whatever powers that be for other countries, and their own news coverage.

34 Likes