100% diamond ring designed by Apple's Jony Ive and Marc Newson

It’s a Jony Ive design, you are supposed to adapt to it, not the other way around. If your fingers aren’t the right size, that is your fault!

:-/

13 Likes

I’d hazard a guess that the ring will likely never be worn anyway

1 Like

If you have to ask then you can’t afford it.
Or something.

3 Likes

So, +1 for omitting that this is being auctioned for the RED charity, guaranteeing more anti-Apple outrage. Cory Doctorow would be proud of you.

Do the people outraged over child miners understand what the words “cultured diamond” mean? It means it was made in a laboratory, where they do not employ child labor.

2 Likes

That’s what you think.

14 Likes

In the next version, they will courageously remove the hole in the middle and you’ll only be able to wear the ring fingerlessly.

10 Likes

lol…Good point. :wink:

I’m sure you’ll still be able to purchase an accessory dongle for when you want to use it with a finger (or a dongle…).

4 Likes

The Apple Geniuses will simply recommend you buy a new one.

7 Likes

Ring avulsion is the stuff of nightmares. If I’m going to have to wear a wedding ring, I probably will want one made of silicon.

1 Like

It’s best not to have any object around any part of your body that will not either break, or, safely support you, when your full weight is suspended from that object.

My father had a platinum and white gold ring. Platinum rings are stronger than fingers. Seems likely diamonds are, too…

1 Like

Silicone might be better for that :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They’ll wear it, as much as they wear any ring valued in the 6-8 figures.
$250k isn’t that much to risk, compared to other rings worn by other douchebags costing 10x or 100x that much.

1 Like

I say.

I came here for this. I am impressed to find it in the first post.

Also,

3 Likes

Nah, they are right. We didn’t have child labor in our labs. We needed them as sacrifice for the PCR machines. The amount of undergraduates gone missing was already causing raised unibrows.

6 Likes

Hey, that’s a nightmare I’m going to have tonight. Thank you very much.

Just BTW, it is amazing how the articulation holds while the flesh is weak…

1 Like

Three posts in a row. I should have edited them into one, you say? Nah, I’m just faceting. I heard it raises the value of a subject, so it must be true for a topic as well.
/meta

4 Likes

I’d think you’d only need to sacrifice an entire undergraduate when using some sort of old tube-powered, Soviet PCR machine. These days, just pins in their seat cushions should be enough… :thinking:

1 Like

In our times, a PCR machine was just a set of bathtubs full of A, C, G and T! We had nothing! Nothing! And now they come with their diamond rings and bling bling high throughput sequencers…

6 Likes