12-year-old boy accused of raping 6-year-old girl has has bail adjusted to take family vacation

LOL I did no such thing. I was just giving two extreme examples.

Yes I would recommend serious repercussions for a 12 year old who has repeatedly raped a 6 year old. Life long institutionalization may not be required, but this isn’t something one can fix with few therapy sessions. Certainly jail won’t cure him, and most likely something happened to damage him in the past, but someone who does this sort of thing will do it again and again and again.

But to condemn this kid (assuming he is guilty, we must always say “allegedly”) is independent of condemning the police actions of how they handled the 15 year old who was in a traffic accident. They have nothing to do with each other.

bjones1 seems to act like there is some sort of hypocrisy by suggesting leniency for one minor, and harshness for another. But there is no hypocrisy because the two incidents are wildly different. I was being facetious when I used the words “minor differences” which is why my examples of crime were as far apart from one another as one can get.

If there is any hypocrisy, it is how uneven the judicial system tend to meter out justice.

ETA - Though Mark and Rob may have different opinions on what one should do with minors who commit sex crimes.

8 Likes