13 shots fired into Tulsa gay center

Suburban Woodstock.

2 Likes

My cousin lives there… it’s almost been subsumed into the metro area now, pretty much.

2 Likes

We’ve been having those murders for decades now, and we still get people telling us that defending ourselves isn’t the right reaction. In some ways I get it, it can seem like taking up a weapon is acting like the idiots that are already attacking us, or that it’ll just escalate, but I know I’m not particularly one for standing around waiting to be killed (or even worse, watching one of my family being killed.)

Thank you @Mister44 for mentioning the Pink Pistols. I have interacted directly with some of the members and found them to be great people. I recall one of the first members I met, almost 25 years ago, saying that he’d seen much less negative reaction to their group from the people at that gun range than from other LGBT groups.

I get that fighting back isn’t an option for everyone, and I don’t advocate preemptive strikes against someone you think might be out to harm you, but it’s more than reasonable to fight back if possible.

12 Likes

Especially when the passive response hasn’t been working for multiple decades generations.

9 Likes

at all?

I’m sure you were on the way to making a rational point, but let me suggest you may have taken a partisan turn, somewhere.

Removed, just for you! :slight_smile:

This one.

The problem I am having is with people who won’t trust other peoples judgement as to when they can defend themselves. I can usually tell if I am about to be attacked and I’m not going to wait to be hit first, because one (un)lucky hit is all it would take for me to end up in hospital or dead.

I would like to not have to make that call, and would rather have the attackers know that if they attack any of us we will fight back as a group. We shoudn’t go looking for fights but rather we should all be aware that those who would cause us harm will go looking for us.

2 Likes

I thought the goal of terrorism was to terrorize (frighten) people.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.