1500 drones create moving images and figures in the sky over Disneyland Paris for Bastille Day

Originally published at: 1500 drones create moving images and figures in the sky over Disneyland Paris for Bastille Day | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I’m sure it was a great drone show but that video was 90% fireworks and what there was of the drones was largely taken from within the display rather than from a distance, rendering whatever we saw as pretty ‘meh’.

Basically, a crap video for the story. (And probably Disney’s fault, not Ruben’s.)

There have been other, excellent, drone display videos here recently that would put this one to shame.

2 Likes

I’ve got to say, to my surprise, Disney seems to be lagging behind on drone shows.

1500 seems to have been the magic number for all the headline drone shows this year, and other shows seem to be doing a lot more with those 1.5k. Personally I was most impressed with that lazily coiling dragon in Shenzhen - that moved like an actual animated creature, instead of a morphing piece of clip art.

I’d of thought, Disney, of all ideologically iffy world powers, would have animation sorted.

2 Likes

It is a little disappointing that the ideas described in this patent haven’t gone anywhere yet. I want to see an enormous Jack Skellington marionette!

2 Likes

That’s a catchy tune they are playing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.