Disney's amazing new drone show

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/14/disneys-amazing-new-drone-show.html

6 Likes

I’m surprised their just hanging out on the lawn, I’d of imagined Disney would of had some kind of more permanent solution.

Well, actually, I’d imagine the top of the magic castle flipping open, and hundreds of drones swarming out like angry bees.

5 Likes

Maybe some daytime shows too. The company has patented several different concepts for drone-related shows but my favorite is the idea of having gigantic marionette puppets walking down the parade route:

6 Likes

I haven’t seen this yet, but have heard so many positive comments about it I absolutely need to. I live a whopping 15 minutes away so I don’t really have an excuse. :slight_smile:

Kudos to the imagineers who have likely been working for years to make this as good as it is. Dogs and those who are affected by loud sounds will love if this comes to replace nightly fireworks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I get the downside of fireworks, but there will be a part of me that will mourn the passing of the legendary (in my mind) fireworks displays at the parks. I absolutely love a good fireworks display!

4 Likes

Drones!

excited oprah GIF

5 Likes

Nothing says “Disney” like a drone Death Star. :crazy_face:

death-star

3 Likes

How much noise do 800 drones make or is that masked by soundtrack?
What is the view from the sides, I imagine that there are limited view points where the illusion works from?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.