Incredible Halloween light and drone-art show pulls in Metallica, Ghostbusters, and Stranger Things

Originally published at: Incredible Halloween light and drone-art show pulls in Metallica, Ghostbusters, and Stranger Things | Boing Boing

Wow, I cannot fathom what kind of technology is behind a coordinated drone show. It doesn’t seem like that’s just an off the shelf sort of deal. Or maybe it is and it’s just incredibly expensive and intended for venues like theme parks and not just a guy making Halloween lights displays for his house.

impressive execution of the technology. but i wouldn’t want to live anywhere near that guy’s house.

2 Likes

I want to say that he had assistance with the drones, but I may be wrong as well.

I’ll admit, I’ve been wanting to do something similar, albeit more modest and lower-key with my place; I’m (unfortunately) limited by a lack of funds to buy the hardware for what I want. (just roofline lighting and the posts on the front porch and carport)

Great show, and I was really glad to see at the end the big racks of solar panels they have set up. Means they’re operating in an environmentally friendly way (also cheaper for their wallet I’m sure).

But yeah. Don’t want to leave anywhere near this guy. Happy to visit, though!

1 Like

I would think that the manufacturing of hundreds of drones (along with the batteries) would be a bigger environmental footprint than the power usage. I hope that these guys just rented an existing system from one of the many new companies that offer these for special events. For example:

1 Like

Interesting my friends own Sky Elements and I do not remember if they worked on this but will ask.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.