19 killed in El Paso mass shooting

It’s a good thing Ted Cruz spent his week trying to get Antifa named a terrorist organization.

53 Likes

Yup. Antifa is the real problem here.

63 Likes

The Onion said it best…

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

37 Likes
27 Likes

He could be an incel!

And the TV news seems to have decided that this is a different, less threatening, even kinda funny thing than the Alt Right. And certainly not a thought process that goes hand in hand with white supremacy!

So don’t worry. There certainly aren’t bands of armed fascists roaming the streets lashing out at rival ideologies. A common precondition for a dictator embedding themselves, and marker for rising fascism that experts told us we should keep an eye out for when concerns were raised after the 2016 election. NOPE.

14 Likes

Here we go again…

"No way to prevent this…, cry America’s ammosexuals.

ATTN: Ammosexuals

Added to the obligatory links and cartoons, for those who’d like to wank over the technical minutiae of the weapons used rather than discuss the victims of the shooting, this warning from the moderator:

Some goes for the old “what if the shooter was mentally ill?” distraction. It’s against the conduct rules here. We don’t know if he was or not. What we do know is that he had access to powerful weapons designed to kill and maim lots of people, and we know why that’s a more common situation in the U.S. than anywhere else.

Finally, a new obligatory question for any gun fondlers here still thinking about commenting in this topic: is the fear of losing your supposed right to your beloved collection worth the price of yet more dead children who were engaging in activities that are supposed to be less risky then travelling in a car? How about the price of one dead child?

48 Likes

I wonder if there’s a good correlation between a mass shooting and a subsequent increase in gun industry lobby donations.

4 Likes
42 Likes

Before the shooter was identified, the local right-leaning news radio kept reminding listeners that the mall was patronized by residents from both sides of the border, trying to stoke fear that it might’ve been a foreigner.

Reuters, due to their global audience, has now taken to adding the following to their US-oriented mass shooting-related articles: “Mass shootings are common in the United States.”

40 Likes

Must be a day ending in the letter "Why?!?!"

28 Likes

50 bucks says Trump doesn’t condemn the shooter with half the vitriol he used to condemn the people of Baltimore.

49 Likes

Instead of Walmart “praying for the victims”, perhaps a more appropriate response would be to STOP SELLING FUCKING GUNS!

23 Likes

Well, I wonder what that means…

…oh. Right.

38 Likes

…always.

7 Likes

Given the relation between police and white supremacists, I picture them dumping a congratulatory keg of Gatorade over him and carrying him off to jail on their shoulders.

15 Likes

I agree, though Walmart has at least made some effort to be responsive. They stopped selling guns altogether in NM last month, and last year they changed their national policy:

Has anyone been keeping track of where the guns used in these massacres were bought? My guess is gun shows, which – sorry hobbyists – should probably be shut down. Stamp collecting is also fun.

14 Likes

Well at least this was in Texas. They appreciate guns down there.

sounds about white…

12 Likes

Thots and players. Thots and players. How did they take the guy alive with out firing a shot? Why did no good guy with a gun cut this killing spree short?

7 Likes

At what point (or do they now), do other countries start advising citizens to avoid the USA because it’s considered dangerous/lawless?

13 Likes