1979 Disco World Championship

Easy answer; still being hoarded in closets, attics, basements and storage spaces, or they’ve already been handed down.

At least that’s what the deal is with my mom, and my BFF’s mom… and quite a few of their peers that we know.

4 Likes

Perhaps so, but I was more amused by the outraged tone; he called me up and simply ravaged that video ^^’. I damn near choked on my coffee laughing.

Some stains will not rinse…

2 Likes

so why do YOU get all the luck, hmm?? ; )

Sadly, not much of my mom’s old ‘fly threads’ and shoes from back then has held up very well; dust, mildew and moths have taken their toll over the last four decades.

i weep, i weep :cry:

1 Like

You weep?

I’m the one that has to hold interventions every few years where I clean out some of my mom’s hoard surplus.

(It’s not just old clothes that could have been better put to use. I’ve had to sneak and throw away old tupperware from 1976 that no one would ever be willing to eat from.)

2 Likes

Very sexist and racist event I have to say.

4 Likes

Sheesh lady, if you want your dog to go outside, just open the door!

3 Likes

And homo/transphobic too.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you! Probably more that, too.

2 Likes

Regarding the audiences’ outfits, I found some disco era clothes in second-hand shops in the late 90’s when I was living in LA, but no dance leotards, and that’s that last I’ve seen pretty much anything like that. But I don’t really shop at high-end vintage boutiques save a few times I’ve gone with my wife. She has an amazing 70’s era dress she bought in one. I wonder who made all the costumes for American Hustle.

Totally! I just thought it was interesting that that happened the same summer as this Championship.

Just to be clear, I love disco and I even learned to dance a little back when I was doing amateur competitions. It just occurred to me that posting that link without comment could be seen as a dis on disco. It always seemed really bizarre to me how suddenly the disco era died out.

1 Like

Sure. I didn’t assume you weren’t aware, I just wanted to note it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.