1980s VHS babes shooting machine guns

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/01/1980s-vhs-babes-shooting-machi.html

2 Likes

Everything old is new again

4 Likes

This clip was in Jackie Brown 1997.

16 Likes

I was trying to remember why this seemed so familiar. Unfortunately I couldn’t quite get my memory working as I was distracted by the mullet and Zubaz this video caused to spontaneously burst from my body.

3 Likes

Mullets and Zubaz? Maybe this will better help jog your memory

1 Like
15 Likes

Rule 34 in action. Bleh.

I can’t bring myself to condemn the videos entirely because I love this song.

3 Likes

Turns out Rule 34 existed before the internet did!

3 Likes

Came to make sure this had been posted. Thank you, Numb_Thumb_Hero, for stepping up.

5 Likes

That was kind of terrifying to watch, even knowing that presumably nobody died in the making of the video or it wouldn’t have gone to market.

Would it have killed the producers to give a bit of a training session so the models knew how to safely handle the recoil of automatic fire? The lass with the AR-15 looked like she was going to tip over backwards spraying bullets all over the camera crew the whole time.

I’m not even knowledgeable about guns and I could tell those ladies didn’t have much clue what they were doing with the very dangerous items they were given to handle.

Also apparently the only sexy way to shoot a gun is from the hip so you have no idea what it’s pointed at.

5 Likes

I was expecting the Annihilator 2000 from Beverly Hills Cop 3.

15 Likes

All those flying hot shell casings and exposed flesh makes me very nervous.

5 Likes

I remember seeing this very ad, probably in the early 90s, but I don’t remember where I saw it.

Everybody’s got to eat…
…I suppose.

2 Likes

I saw it and the videos for sale at gun shows when I was young.

I recall thinking the babes were hot, but didn’t understand why we needed to involve guns.

It’s a bit icky now. Not just because guns, but the whole, “Hot Babes doing manly dude stuff” is icky. I like fishing and the “Hot babes fishing” genre is icky too.

Amy Schumer has a hot take adjacent to this:

4 Likes

Came here looking for The Cramps and Negativland and good work everyone.

12 Likes

PETA ad be damned - THIS is the whitest thing ever created.

1 Like

Hmm, working at Quantel (Quantel - Wikipedia - now subsumed into Grass Valley), I can pretty much guarantee that it was our gear (Paintbox) that was used to create the funky page flips and transitions in this sexist epic.
Techno-nostalgia! :slight_smile:
P.S. Also used on ‘Money for Nothing’ by Dire Straits. Another period piece.

2 Likes