'Shoot/Don't Shoot,' the groovy 70s hunting safety film

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/21/shoot-dont-shoot-the-groovy-70s-hunting-safety-film.html

5 Likes

I took middle school hunter’s safety class in the early 90’s, and they still used these videos. They do a good job of illustrating how you can be tricked into disobeying some of the fundamental gun safety rules that have been pounded into you over the previous week.

5 Likes

I came here to say the same thing. I couldn’t remember if it was the same video, or an updated version, but the idea was identical, and the hair is hard to forget.

3 Likes

There were a couple that I knew the answer to because they were so memorable. That squirrel on the tree stuck with us because our whole class was like “people hunt squirrels?!”

2 Likes

che

9 Likes

Wait, I thought you don’t not shoot, which would imply you wanted me to shoot!

1 Like

Cool. I’ll have to watch later. I don’t actually recall watching any films in hunters safety. It was done in a large parks building, IIRC. More like a large metal building or barn. But it was all instruction and demonstrations.

If we’re sharing safety videos we have to add one of the all-time greats

2 Likes

It’s 2020. You gotta fist bump danger!

2 Likes

If you… are thinking… of taking… that shot…
DON’T

2 Likes

A video that deals with responsible use of firearms? What the hell is this?!!

Of course no collection of vintage safety films is complete without Forklift Driver Klaus

3 Likes

I watched these hunting videos in the early 90’s:

Sometimes it’s justified…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.