2 young women accused of using murdered man's severed thumb to buy weed, alcohol, and Uber rides

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/09/2-young-women-accused-of-using-murdered-mans-severed-thumb-to-buy-weed-alcohol-and-uber-rides.html

1 Like

Who’s big and green and sitting on a potential gold mine? This guy. Ho ho ho! :smiley:

Yep, that was a pretty horrible story all 'round. blink

That was a subplot in a Kurt Vonnegut book. Pickled thumbs.

1 Like

real housewives of new york city wtf GIF

1 Like

That poor man.

3 Likes

they had observed Gray using Teklemariam’s severed thumb to steal money from his account.

There is some ‘bank’ which is so lame as to permit money transfers based on one dubious bit of biometrics?? (when it’s 2FA for gmail?) There’s an institution one should definitely stay well clear of. (some of the less well trained scanners can be fooled with a fingerprint lifted with cellotape - said a cyber-security guy i had to work with)

Or maybe his phone, with the thumb to unlock it, and the zell/venmo stuff?

"Put your hand

40 seconds in… “You put your goddamn hand on that scanning screen or i’ll hack it off and put it there for you”

3 Likes

Which one?

1 Like

In other news, biometric readers are so poorly designed that a dead finger will still register.

Jailbird. The owner of the largest conglomerate was living on the streets at his one point. She controlled it via an attorney via docs validated by her fingerprints. She was being helped by a woman in a hotel room before then, left the room & came back to find her dead with her hands cut off.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.