20 worshippers trampled to death during Tanzania church service

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/03/20-worshippers-trampled-to-dea.html

2 Likes

Thanks for more evidence that going to Church sucks. No Gods, No Masters.

10 Likes

Leaving some very disappointed elephants wanting to do the same thing to them.

1 Like

Who else thinks that Pastor Mwamposa will say the people died because they lacked faith?

He’ll claim they died because they didn’t make it to the magic oil.

6 Likes

As a believer in Christ I am saddened, disgusted, and angry that the prosperity ‘gospel’ ‘preachers’ are so successful at luring the poor and disenfranchised.

In order to line their pockets they ignore the basics that we are all sinners (themselves included) and that forgiveness is right here in front of us in the person of Christ. They swap out the love of God for the love of money, which is (as shown here) the root of all kinds of evil.

8 Likes

It doesn’t really matter if Jesus was the son of God, it doesn’t even matter if Jesus Christ actually existed.

What matters is taking the idea to heart that you should treat people the way you’d want them to treat you.

We’re all imperfect, but we can at least try.

9 Likes

I’m going to guess that this oil was made from some kind of snake.

9 Likes

They are often peddling “snake oil” in order to make a profit, usually to very desperate people. A much different proposition than the example of Jesus serving the poor and sick. It’s hard to see the prosperity gospel as anything but a bastardization of what Jesus was arguing his followers should do… he literally threw the money-changers out of the temple!

It seems like idolatry to me, yeah? Putting money ahead of god…

Not rocket surgery.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Maybe the lord moves in mysterious ways but not a crowd of greedy believers, they’ll run you ass over in a New York minute for a little bit of cash. Better to order that holy oil from Amazon, guaranteed delivery and you ass is still in one piece. Amen Brother

1 Like

Well, it did solve the immediate problems of those particular 20 people, so success?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.