2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

Damn.

8 Likes

Yeah. One of the better ones, for sure.

6 Likes

5 Likes

I got another piece of junk mail from Judicial Watch over the holidays, and they are still squeezing blood from the Benghazi stone.

It’s bad enough as an adult with my own cubicle – I went to an elementary school with no interior walls, just partitions they’d occasionally move around. One particularly stentorian teacher over in 2nd grade could be clearly heard throughout the entire school. Or, instead of going out for recess on a rainy day, maybe the 3rd grade would watch part of Star Wars while 6th graders tried to take a math test. I’m sure it was part of some grand and ground breaking educational concept effort to save a few bucks by not building walls.

(But I’m not bitter)

After 26 years in the Senate (and 8 as VP himself), does he actually not remember which officeholder presides over the Senate, or does he just not care?

8 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

10 Likes

Part of me is sympathetic, I like Booker, I like Castro who just dropped out.

But another part of me is like, five is plenty. Like Kolbuchar isn’t going to win either.

6 Likes

Especially if that’s how you do your write-in vote. :wink:

To me, Booker was by far the most charismatic. In every debate, he was the most likeable. Too bad his policies were meh.

Castro was the 3rd-most progressive candidate. Admirable, but not a recipe for success.

4 Likes

Why?

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/139825/cory-booker-not-friend

Me too; Castro has been head-and-shoulders superior to the rest of the establishment candidates on a wide range of issues.

8 Likes

I have no idea. I saw one interview with Booker which I think I liked. Plus some of those looks Booker has given other candidates on the debate stage.

Not that an expressive face is a good reason to vote for someone for president, but it might be better than anything Biden has going.

4 Likes

Another one bites the dust:

10 Likes

Maybe she’s hired new campaign staff from the spirit world? :ghost:

13 Likes

Right?

I think all she was doing was trying to enhance her brand.

11 Likes

Was she planning on having Gwyneth Paltrow as her running mate?

10 Likes

The GOOP ticket?

5 Likes

Turns out you can’t pay your campaign staff with Panera gift certificates and crystals.

5 Likes

Well, it makes it tough to report to FEC.

2 Likes

Posts with the video surfaced across social media platforms on Wednesday.

I think I can guess the initial platforms.

9 Likes
12 Likes

The attempts to carve away our ability to describe in plain language what the government is doing continue ever onwars onward. (I originally typo’d that and felt it was appropriate enough to keep in some capacity.) And of course it’s a centrist weenie like Bloomberg who feels the need to express just how uncomfortable he is with people calling things what they very clearly and obviously are.

Dear Michael Bloomberg, since you decided to invoke the dictionary:

assassinate (v.)
murder (an important person) in a surprise attack for political or religious reasons.

Seems to fit the bill to me, dipwad.

14 Likes

BUTTIGEIG

5 Likes