Sanders and Warren top Democratic candidates in new 2020 poll

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/26/sanders-and-warren-top-democra.html

No clear leader of the pack, yet.

7 Likes

Another instance of boingboing advertising a singular poll result they like despite their general stance against cherrypicking data fuckery. (edit: added 8/28 screenshot of national polls from RCP to show how cherrypicking outliers is bad)

2 Likes

Some pundits seem to think that a Warren ticket would be a double digit loser vs Nostradumbass.

I really don’t buy that.

11 Likes

Are you disappointed in BB? Please tell me you are.

17 Likes

At some point these two need to come together as one. If the polls are correct and they hold up, they would be the DNC nominee.

11 Likes

Poll has a 5.7-point margin of error. Seems kinda wide.

3 Likes

I am deeply disappointed in an organization that simultaneously rails against science illiteracy and sells dehumidifying swamp coolers and charcoal tooth whiteners, yes.

I also feel like I’m missing out on some boingy meme or something.

7 Likes

@beschizza;

Does THIS one count? C’mon, it meets your pre-req…

18 Likes

oh it absolutely has to count!!!

5 Likes

Don’t be so sure; Rob seems somewhat reluctant to add to the List

10 Likes

Presumably because the list based on 2019 alone would span 82,000 pages and take up 2/3 rds of the server storage for the entire site.

:crazy_face:

9 Likes

13 Likes

So no change in the list of candidates that qualify for the next debate. I’m really puzzled that Yang and Klobuchar are polling so much better than Gillibrand and Gabbard.

1 Like

Sanders is a great guy. I would like to believe he has some Cohen the Barbarian vibe going for him after a long life of not dying. But really, is there no-one fitter and younger who can also keep it real?

I have a nasty feeling I already know.

PS: I am not too young myself. It sucks.

Yes, you are (unless you’re kidding). There is, or used to be, a list of commenters who express disappointment in BB. I’d link to it for you, but I don’t know where it is.

7 Likes

Not any more.

1 Like

I think that the progressive(r ) side has the best chance of beating the
cheeto stain for a few reasons, the most important being…

4 Likes

I thought Monmouth was a highly reputable and accurate polling agency, per fivethirtyeight?

5 Likes

im still wondering how warren and sanders avoid splitting the vote so we dont wind up with biden. i know it’s early, but right now that seems to me the most likely outcome.

9 Likes

They are. The problem isn’t the pollster itself that was highlighted, rather it is the fact that singular polls are being singled out, and singled out with an agenda, which on paper is very non-boingy.

1 Like