Elizabeth Warren quits race

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/05/elizabeth-warren-quits-race.html

6 Likes

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKING FUCK

YES THAT’S A COMPLETE FUCKING SENTENCE AND IS NOT UNCLEAR, BBS!

So fucking tired.

83 Likes

PSA:

29 Likes

Basically this is what happened for her campaign on super tuesday

3 Likes

I think it’s been clear from the very beginning that Sanders and Warren always played very nicely together, with the indication that if either of them won the candidacy than the other would be the VP pick.

7 Likes

If Biden’s campaign had a lick of sense, they’d add Warren to their VP shortlist, but I can’t see the Democratic establishment agreeing to that. (Too bad, a Warren-Pence debate would have been a thing of beauty.)

50 Likes

And this is why that’s a terrible idea:

Also, this is the downside to early voting: sigh. Two votes against Biden lost.

5 Likes

Keep Calm, and Progressive on!

32 Likes

I woke up today with a headache. Now I have a heartache too. :sob:

20 Likes

I’m sad she didn’t get the nomination but I’d much rather see her stay in the senate (where she’s been very effective) than get the VP slot. We can’t afford to lose valuable senators if we want any chance of getting significant legislation through congress.

Stacey Abrams would be my preference for VP.

47 Likes

I’m beginning to see the upside of having an early primary/caucus: both of my states are too late in the process (especially Indiana: May 5th) to allow me to vote for anything other than the dregs that are left.

(I don’t VOTE in two states…this year, I’m having to decide which state to vote in, and afterward, I’ll only vote in Indiana.)

16 Likes

Oh my God I would pay actual money to see that debate in person. Whereas a Biden/Trump debate won’t even be worth having.

15 Likes

Was trying to remind you to punctuate the end of the sentence, that’s all.

1 Like

Sigh. About three days too late.

Warren for senate majority leader!

23 Likes

Ah, but the VP does have a Senate slot. If the Democrats only pick up a couple, and Mitch is still around, I’d love to see his face when she walks in to preside and break a tie.

Plus… dead man’s shoes.

14 Likes

This right here.

1 Like

She was by far my favorite candidate in the race but this was the right thing to do at this point. I bums me out that she’s not going to be the nominee, but I suppose it’s getting close to the time when all of us who insisted on blue no matter who have to put our money where our mouths are.

38 Likes

Well, shit.

At least there’s not much going on in the Senate, so she can do a lot of campaigning for Sanders.

5 Likes

Give her the CFPB chair, with which to roundly beat the heads of the overmonied.

14 Likes

A shame, but even though I was a strong supporter the numbers are the numbers. I hope she endorses Sanders quickly and brings her supporters into his camp (many, like me, supported both candidates) so that he can maintain a chance at taking the nomination from Biden.

38 Likes