Joe Biden projected to win Michigan, Mississippi, & Missouri Democratic primaries

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/10/biden-projected-winner-in-miss.html

Bad night for Bernie Sanders

3 Likes

44 Likes

Projected wins are not a victory. Less than 1% of actual votes are reported, and exit poll articles contain some special gems like, ā€œBiden captures 79% of ā€˜very liberal votersā€™ in Missouri.ā€

3 Likes

So youā€™re grasping at straws too?

15 Likes

The headline says Biden is projected to winā€¦ Iā€™m not sure how this confusing

3 Likes

Yaā€™ll got to pull on your adulting pants and get behind Biden, looks like Biden is our only hope at getting Cheetolini out. Vote Blue Vote Blue VOTE BLUE! [even if it hurts to]

48 Likes

Yeah, Biden has it pretty much in the bag. For some reason the voters decided the best candidate is the one that reminded them the most of John Kerry. Democratic voters just canā€™t stop making the same mistake over and over again.

Iā€™m hunkering down for a repeat of 2004 where low voter enthusiasm allows the incumbent to capture and even larger margin of victory.

29 Likes

Voice of wisdom. As mediocre and possibly dangerous as Biden is, heā€™s probably going to win the primary and probably going to be the USā€™s only shot. Hate him as much as you want, heā€™s still leagues ahead of the other guy.

18 Likes

Or maybe we could drum up some enthusiasm for Joe online and try to get him elected, eh? I love the BB community, but Iā€™m really disappointed in the hate Iā€™ve read in the past few days. People voted and the majority want Bidenā€¦ do you guys want to ignore the majority?

18 Likes

Yes, he is no tRump, but the potential is there, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Disappointed? Really! Well how do think the rest of us feel with the entire situation? High-Horsing right now isnā€™t what the USA needs. Help get the vote out.

16 Likes

Darn straight. When my stubborn optimism has no legs left to stand on, then itā€™s time to bow to our media titan overlords. Not a second before.

11 Likes

Things were very different in 2004 than they are in 2020. As horrible as W was, the nation wasnā€™t bursting headlong into an existential crisis.

Iā€™m hoping even if Biden is the nominee that the stakes of 4 more years of Trump weigh heavily on the minds of the disappointed Bernie Bros and others who didnā€™t get their preferred candidate (and I say this as someone that voted for Bernie in my stateā€™s primary today).

12 Likes

download

10 Likes

This. Hereā€™s where the cold hard fact sets in. The fact that the Democratic voter population is 60% (shudder!!) - ā€œcentristā€.

3 Likes

SIGH.
people in michigan are still in line ā€“ theyā€™ve been there for hours. DONā€™T LEAVE THE LINES!

13 Likes

Some primaries allow everyone to vote regardless of political party. Republicans who voted in these states largely prefer Biden.

5 Likes

It helps with Trumpā€™s narrative that the Dem establishment has it out for Crazy Bernie.

5 Likes

I donā€™t dislike the guy, really.
Itā€™s that I think he is an opportunist and may well be fading.
And Sanders and Warren are much closer to me in policy.

I was really hoping that 45 left a hole just the size and shape of either
Warren or Sanders.

14 Likes

He threatened to assault and batter a voter.

Iā€™m done with rich, white, tough guy bullshit.

11 Likes