Joe Biden projected to win Michigan, Mississippi, & Missouri Democratic primaries

I’m in a blue state - but only one part of it is blue the rest is red - and in T country they all believe the Ukraine story.

Even if they didn’t - they’d rather shove nails into their feet than vote D. The mythical ‘undecided’ only make up 2% of the votes - the rest is just excitement to get people to the polls - and Biden is a hands down worse candidate than Hillary was (in every - single - way) - I don’t see much changing.

And no - I can’t get excited about him. The most I can do is promise not to throw up until I get home after I vote.

4 Likes

Maybe Sander’s campaign could not feed into the whole Biden has dementia thing… just a thought

6 Likes

You can help by not spreading a false fact - a study has now been done that showed ‘negative’ Bernie supporters make up around 2% of his base - roughly the same as every other candidate - The only thing Bernie had going for him is more of his base is on Twitter, meaning they responded overwhelmingly (positive and negative) on that platform vs. others.

Bernie Bros is just a made up excuse.

14 Likes

Trump hasn’t mired us in two costly and pointless wars. People look back on the George W. era with rose tinted glasses. Biden could absolutely lose to Trump if he puts the same amount of energy into the general election campaign that he put into the primary campaign.

7 Likes

Yeah. I’m really not looking forward to the rest of this 2020 election shit.

20 Likes

The lines in the old people districts are much shorter.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure the reason Biden is winning in the popular vote is because of Republicans voting in the primary /s

8 Likes

Well that’s about that. Time for Sanders to decide if he’d rather burn down the Dems’ chances at beating Trump out of spite or if getting Trump out is more important than him being President.

Ball’s in your court, Bernie.

13 Likes
  1. The majority preferred slavery until the minority rose up and overthrew them.
  2. The majority preferred segregation until the minority rose up and overthrew them.
  3. The majority demonstrably has its head up its ass most of the time.
  4. Fuck off, majority.
24 Likes
14 Likes

Not part of his campaign, but I’m pretty sure Biden wouldn’t advocate for any of these things. Are you against democratic vote because occasionally people on the whole were wrong? Who should make decisions then?

1 Like

how many times does Bernie have to say that if Biden is the nominee, he will do everything in his power to support him, because the main goal is to get rid of trump? he says it every speech, and yet somehow there are people who choose not to hear it.

21 Likes

A lot will depend on the VP pick but I’m not very hopeful. I will vote and support him.

America’s greatest feature was the desire to be good. It was in our stories, our culture. America wanted in some way to have a conscience.

If that is lost, all is lost.

4 Likes

You’re not interpreting my statements correctly. The majority may speak… And then it can fuck right off because it’s about to get all pious and try to make everyone conform. And to that I say:
PFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT

1 Like

Yep. Adulting pants. We get told to put them on ever 4 years or so. Only way to win. Back to business as usual. We get so afraid of change, we never do.

5 Likes

Please explain why I should conform to you and not vice versa?

2 Likes

If that is your takeaway here, I bid you adoo. Or however that is spelled. Have a nice night!

1 Like
11 Likes

Bernie will go flat-out to support the Dems and defeat Trump, as he did last time.

However, despite centrist stereotypes, the movement behind him is not actually a cult of personality. They will make their own decisions on how to act.

The ones that feel it worthwhile to spend the time and risk involved in voting will almost all vote for the Dem candidate. As they did last time.

But not all of them will make that choice, particularly those who were not regular voting Dem partisans to begin with. The working class is not going to come out en masse for Biden. No matter what Bernie says.

The following presented not as advocacy, but in the (probably forlorn) hope that it might aid in understanding the motivations of working class nonvoters:

24 Likes

I think one of the biggest problems is just no long term view. A lack of historical thinking, on top of a lack of ability to project forward with data provided. It really makes me sad we’re all in to lock things into stagnation, just to get the fuckwit out, even though we could have fixed both at the same time. (I was less a Sanders supporter than a Warren supporter, for what that means.)

7 Likes