Joe Biden projected to win Michigan, Mississippi, & Missouri Democratic primaries

You too… I’m just really worried that we aren’t going to get our shit together by November. Please, please, please, can we all bury our respective hatchets? I loved Warren, voted for Pete because I live in NH and thought he was surging and am now supporting Biden because I think he is our best chance, but would gladly vote for Bernie.

2 Likes

boned

6 Likes

“Best chance” voters, based on stats with, I’m sorry, no standard deviations even provided… We’re fucked because people know how to make friends more than they understand math and science.

3 Likes

That’s not a forlorn hope.

I already pretty much feel the way that writer does.

But then, I also know a lot of non-voting working-class people who feel differently from that. They’re not a monolith.

6 Likes

Maybes you shouldn’t. I can’t make you do anything.

Yes. When the majority is in favor of endless imperial wars of aggression, murdering and displacing millions of people. I think that’s wrong.

Biden very much is in favor of these wars.

I can’t stop you, or the majority, from doing anything, but I don’t have to go along with that, so go ahead and have fun with your new wars, and I’ll be out protesting them, not voting for them.

8 Likes

Saying it is good. Doing it is what I’m talking about, and part of that is going to be not running a hopeless campaign that drags on and drains resources while beating up the nominee. I’m not saying he should drop out tomorrow, but you get what I’m saying.

Biden was my 5th choice in this primary, but I guess we gots what we gots.

4 Likes

I was anti-Biden a year ago in the sense that I wanted some young blood and I was worried that there was going to be a lack of grassroots door-knocking. I don’t know what to say about this… I would have loved for Warren to be our candidate, but I think I’m going to be knocking doors for Biden in 6 months.

5 Likes

I will maybe be forced into it too. I’m just pissed, being one of the teens eager to vote in the 80’s and 90’s, that was described then as never voting. Then finding his policy decisions generally bad. Then holding my nose to vote for him as the VP with Obama. etc. Now being stuck with" Well he’s better than you know who."

6 Likes

Oh, this is fun, I’ve actually never been part of this style of line-by-line take down. Yes, I love wars… wars, wars, and more wars. I feel like I made this clear in my lukewarm endorsement of Biden.

4 Likes

I really hope that anyone who sees anti-Biden stuff on the internet has the good sense to judge whether it is real cynicism vs propaganda. He’s not the best, but he’s the best we’ve got, and there is going to be a barrage of shit coming at him in the next 6 months.

1 Like

Can we wait till the votes are in?

3 Likes

Sure… but to be clear, I will not only vote for Sanders, but I will knock doors for him. My issue is with negativity when we need to start to align.

As I said. I was a warren supporter. I suppose I shouldn’t argue in a “projected to win” thread either. Maybe my issue is more with Xeni than you.

I was a Warren supporter, too… I fucked up by voting for Pete in NH because I thought he was surging. I feel like we are all very confused, but I hope we can put aside the small issues.

1 Like

The bad news is that many of us may have to hold our noses to support a candidate we’d rather not.

The good news is that unlike many Republicans who debased themselves in 2016, we won’t have to publicly rally behind a man who likened us to child molesters or called our spouses ugly or accused our parents of assassinating JFK.

18 Likes

I see what you are saying… I just hope we can get it together this time even if we don’t 100% love our candidate. I was surprised that HRC lost and it makes me nervous.

We’ll all get to go into the next war, and condemn our kids to climate change, but at least he’ll be polite about it.

4 Likes

Right. Such good news. If we do decide to hold our noses and close our eyes and vote for Neoliberal Joe, we’ll be instead rallying behind a man who really isn’t going to do much of anything to change things, even if he has majorities in both houses.

And gawd, the comparable list that could be drawn up about how awful he too is! And how awful the Democratic party is, that this doddering, sexist racist warmonger is the best it can cough up. Again.

I’m so glad that as in 2016, I live in a solid blue state, where again, I won’t have to think about whether to vote for yet another round of this ugly, centrist, corporate, planet-killing, status quo bullshit again.

13 Likes

now would be a great time for sanders to get concessions from biden on things like appointments. ( dear fing god not jamie dimon ) and maybe at least exploratory committees for medicare for all, college debt forgiveness, and policing and sentencing reforms.

that might be all the leverage he has after tonight, and even so it’s no little thing

8 Likes

I can easily imagine Biden laughing right in Sanders’ face at any one of those demands, let alone all of them.

How in the hell are we supposed to work together with Republicans by constantly ceding ground to them, while also pushing for cost-my-friends-money things like that!

8 Likes